22: shifting

taehyung felt speechless, not believing what jungkook just asked. he hasn't shifted since over seven years now and doesn't remember the feeling of being free in his wolf form, of being able to run through the woods and jump around on his soft paws, being on all four, feeling the ticklish shiver, when the wind brushed through his fur.

taehyung smiled widely as looked into jungkook's warm orbs, then to the lake. it had turned dark outside now, but the half moon was shining extra strong that night, illuminating it's shine on the lake and two wolves. he didn't know what to feel, he felt a strong heated excitement form inside of him, next to the feeling of fear and the unknown.

but there's nothing that could overpower his trust to jungkook and moreover, his inner wolf's urge to finally get unleashed again.

"i would love to shift together with you."

he got a loving smile as a reward. "that's great, pup."

"i feel strange. i don't even know how my wolf's form looks like now. i used to be so tiny seven years ago," taehyung mumbled.

"you will find out soon enough." his voice sounded more sad as he said that. jungkook doesn't bear the pain of wanting to know what else taehyung had wanted with his whole heart, but has restricted himself from just because he was an omega. it's a need for a werewolf to shift into their wolf's form, besides it being the best way of letting go of all the stress you feel inside, being connected with your wolf's form strengthens you too. "put off your clothes, pup."

taehyung has choked on his spit, making jungkook laugh and wiggle an eyebrow to him.

taehyung blushed embarrassed and shook his head, the thought of him and jungkook probably seeing each other naked doing things to him. "you startled me, that's all."

"i would love to know what you are thinking right now," jungkook teased. he got up on his feat and reached his hand out for taehyung to take, so he could help him.

"you wouldn't know where one thought began and where the other ended. my head's a mess right now."

"don't stress yourself, pup. only do it when you're ready."

"i am ready," the omega said in determination.

jungkook smiled. "then let's get changed."

taehyung grabbed the hem of his shirt to pull it up, but stopped himself. his expression saddened a little. it's not like he fears jungkook won't think about him the same anymore if he sees how weak of a body taehyung possesses, but his insecurities kicked in. jungkook has the perfect physics of a man, which was incomparable to taehyung's omega body.

"don't be shy," jungkook chuckled, leaning closer to taehyung. "it's nothing we won't see again, anyway." his whisper sent warm goosebumps through taehyung's whole body. the omega felt flustered as his eyes met jungkook's for only a second and he looked away again. "you're such a tease."

jungkook laughed.

taehyung sighed softly, gaze moving down as he crossed his arms around his tummy. "maybe we can shift another time together, i'm not feeling well," he lied. it took one look into jungkook's eyes to know the other wasn't believing it.

"you know that i can sense your emotions, right?"

taehyung didn't feel the need to explain himself or anything. he knew jungkook wouldn't believe him. "yeah, i know."

with a worried frown, jungkook approached the omega. his fingertips brushed some of the younger's blonde hair away from his face. "what's wrong, pup?"

taehyung knew one day he would be nude in front of jungkook, but he hadn't expected it to be so soon. he thought his heat would be the first time and wasn't worried about it because their senes would both be clouded, but right now, they're both in their full senses.