33: ice cream

"love?"

jungkook grinned hearing that nickname. he still wasn't used to it yet. he dramatically clutched his chest with his hand and clung onto taehyung. "your cuteness is giving me a heart attack, quick, kiss it better!" he demanded already puckering his lips.

the omega pushed him away, laughing. "stop that."

both laughed and taehyung reached out to grab jungkook's hand again and intertwined their fingers, as they continued their walk. jungkook suggested to walk through the woods, but taehyung thought walking through some peaceful streets would do him good. he spent to much time outside the civilization.

"what do you want pup?" the alpha asked, remembering that taehyung wanted to ask him something.

"can we get ice cream?"

the alpha melted seeing his mate's big doe-eyes. "of course."

arriving at the ice-coffee-shop, taehyung stopped to look at the different sorts of ice cream. "woahh, i never visited this shop."

"pick whatever you want." jungkook smiled at the amazed look in taehyung's face. my own sugar-alpha, he thought and smiled to himself.

"strawberry, chocolate, bubblegum and pistachio."

jungkook widened his eyes. "four?"

"i'm craving it." taehyung pouts, making his mate unable to refuse to his plea.

"fine, but i won't eat the rest if you aren't able to finish it."

"i will finish it." taehyung declared. jungkook chuckled and pulled his wallet out.

they ordered their ice cream, taehyung his strawberry, chocolate, bubblegum, pistachio one and jungkook simply vanilla.

"let's sit down." jungkook suggested and taehyung nodded. they sat down on a bench together, taehyung leaning against jungkook, while eating his ice cream in silence.

it were moments like this when taehyung had a moment to think. he had come accustomed to jungkook's closeness, that everything that comes to his mind, he will say or ask.

"jungkookie?"

"hmm?"

the question he was going to ask made him hesitate this time though. it was something he had avoided thinking about, but he was still curious.

"what would've you done, if my wolf never recognized you?"

jungkook didn't even need to think. "continue loving you."

"really?" taehyung was surprised by the quick answer. "for real? even if i never-"

"taehyung, please don't waste your thoughts on things like that... i loved you, i love you and i will forever love you. as long as we're together, it doesn't matter to me what happened or what could've happened."

taehyung stared at him. he knew jungkook was amazing, but that he came up with this answer so quickly set the standard even higher. "you... are the best."

jungkook smiled by that. he didn't know if he should tell taehyung that he knew this question would arise in the near future because the omega had his mind link accidentally open a few days ago and he caught him overthinking. he wants to make sure taehyung never overthinks anything concerning their relationship ever again. "you're better."

the omega smiled. "i love you so much."

jungkook took the opportunity to ease the tension. "you know that i love you more."

"not true."

"mhh."

"what does that mean now?" taehyung scoffed.