13: close

taehyung felt thankful to be able to sit in the kitchen of bangtan's pack and also thankful that jungkook forced him to eat, even when he had refused to. he hadn't noticed how hungry he was, until one of the cooks placed the food in front of him.

jungkook couldn't keep his eyes from his mate and watched him with a soft expression. the way taehyung's cheek puffed out every time he took a bite of his food, has jungkook melting and internally cooing. and also, the way jungkook's shirt was three times taehyung's size didn't make the erratic heartbeat of the alpha any slower.

"take a photo it'll last longer." a new voice said and jungkook turned around to see his older brother in the door, smirking at him. jungkook just threw him a glare.

taehyung gasped when he saw the new alpha and in shock, he let the fork fall. "i-i am sorry." he crawled under the table and chewed on his lip, not wanting to come out anymore.

jungkook didn't react, until he noticed that taehyung wasn't coming out again. "pup? is everything alright?"

"pup?" namjoon asked himself.

taehyung wanted nothing more but to keep quiet, but he had to answer jungkook. "i-i'm fine kookie, i'm tying my shoelaces." of course that was a lie, he was scared of the new alpha.

"kookie?" namjoon asked again, now even more confused.

jungkook looked at namjoon and realized what's going on. a soft sigh left his lips as he knelt down next to the table and looked under it, finding taehyung hugging his own knees while playing with the fork.

"pup, you aren't even wearing shoes. are you scared?" taehyung shook his head, but jungkook knew the truth, sensing the fear radiating from the omega.

"pup, come here." he ordered and taehyung slowly crawled to jungkook, who scooted him in his arms, still sitting on the ground.

namjoon was surprised to see jungkook being so gentle with the small boy. "jungkook who is that?" he asked, making taehyung whimper and clutch jungkook's shirt.

jungkook ignored his brother and patted taehyung's back. "don't be scared, petal. that's namjoon, my brother. he won't harm you."

taehyung looked up at jungkook with big eyes and smiled relieved. "you sure?" he asked again, not forgetting what his brother always told him about alphas. jungkook nodded and tucked taehyung's hair behind his ear. "i'll protect you."

"jungkook who is that?" namjoon asked, still confused, because jungkook hasn't told him anything.

jungkook finally looked back up to his brother, not letting go of taehyung. "hyung, this is taehyung, my... euh mate."

namjoon's eyes widened and a bright smile plastered his face, showing his prominent dimples. "oh god, jungkook, you found your mate?! why haven't you told me, i thought he was just a friend of jimin... i'm namjoon, nice to meet you." he held out his hand for taehyung to take, but jungkook pulled him away, not wanting another alpha to touch what's his.

taehyung rolled his eyes softly at jungkook and slowly wiggled out of his arms to stand up. "i'm kim taehyung... sorry for my reaction, i don't really have a great past with... alphas."

namjoon smiled warmly at the adorable wolf, but his expression quickly changed noticing a new scent in the air, coming from taehyung. he shook his head, to keep it away. "jungkook, we need to talk."

jungkook looked up confused. "what do you want hyung?" he said as he stood up, now standing next to taehyung.

namjoon looked from jungkook to taehyung and back, then sighed. "i'll just say it. omegas aren't really welcome in this pack and it's really dangerous for taehyung to stay here." taehyung's eyes widened as he moved behind jungkook, gripping harshly onto his biceps, who wrapped his arm around taehyung's waist.