8: i'm not scared

POV TAEHYUNG

i woke up early today, now sitting in front of the tv with my choco chip cereal, that i love so much and jin hyung told me not to eat anymore. what he doesn't know won't kill him though.

in one hour, i have to be at school, which is why i still have enough time to enjoy my breakfast with no worries. the thought about school made me kind of relieved now. since jungkook stood up for me that day, no one dared to do me wrong anymore. it makes me a little sad to know it took someone else to make it stop, but i am grateful to jungkook nonetheless.

i know the two of us had a rough start, but i have to admit that within these few weeks of him being here, i never felt more secure than when knowing he is around. sometimes, he can be a little scary, especially when he is in a bad mood or failing at something. but that's just him. i think it's in his true blood alpha nature to scare of the weaker.

he still sometimes tells me that i am his mate, but not as much as he did in the beginning. but every time he does, his aura changed to something so much more vulnerable. i can sense it every time and it does something to me, too. like i am being torn apart.

he must be lying, there's no other explanation, because if he really was my mate, my wolf would be going crazy just by the thought of him. instead, my heart...

i finished my cereal, turned the tv off and went to my room to dress up. i put another oversized hoodie on, helping to hide my body, and paired it with casual jeans.

after brushing my teeth and fixing my hair, i happily went back downstairs, always skipping one step while using the stairs. it's faster and makes more fun, so why not?

"good morning jinnie," i greeted my brother with a smile. "why suddenly so happy?"

because... jungkook. "i know you told me not to talk to that alpha with the red eyes... he is yoongi's best friend though and it's hard to avoid him," taehyung twisted the truth a little, hoping it works, "so we talk sometimes (a lot) and he is actually really nice and generous—

"you mean jungkook? the one claiming to be your mate?" jin cut me off, making hold in a breath. how does he know his name though?

"i know you don't have a great view on him since he is an alpha and so on. but give him a chance for my sake. we are friends."

"he is straight up lying to you, taehyung. how are you so chill about it?"

right. but for some reason taehyung doesn't dislike it. "i don't know... i mean when he is so gentle with me and talks to me so lovingly or calls me cute nicknames, it feels so natural. also, i somehow feel a lot safer when i know that he is around. it sometimes crazes me out," he giggled under his breath, looking around dreamingly.

POV 3RD PERSON

seokjin frowned, finding the way taehyung talks about the alpha really odd. do the pills still work? why isn't taehyung scared of him, but talks about him.. as if he is his crush?

"hyung let's go now, we have to pick jimin up, too." taehyung cut jin out off his thoughts. the older shook his head. "jimin texted me, he said he'll come with his mate." jin chuckled.

"oh, okay," taehyung's shoulders slumped.

seokjin noticed and grabbed taehyung's arm pulling him with him. "the one who is first by the car gets to decide the music!" that made taehyung competitive and he giggled as he followed his brother.

taehyung didn't win, but in case, he didn't hate it. he was daydreaming the whole car ride anyways, looking out of the window, the sun stroking his face with its shine. taehyung closed his eyes, his eyelids lightening red on the inside.