Mom comes back early before Dad does so we all run out to meet her. She brings some shopping bags with her and the three of us struggle to carry the biggest one.

"It's okay. Leave Kayden to carry the bag," Mom orders.

Kayla scoffs. "Not fair!"

"So fair!" Kayden laughs. Thank God I don't have a twin.

We go inside and I sit at the dining with Mom. The twins run upstairs to drop the bags in Mom and Dad's room.

"How was work today?"

"Stressful, but we got lots of customers. And oh, I have a birthday party to plan."

"Can I help?"

"Don't worry dear, focus on your studies."

I uncover her food for her and she starts eating. My siblings and I have already eaten because we were tired of waiting.

Kayla comes downstairs and joins us at the table.

"Where's Kayden?" Mom asks.

"Playing games," Kayla replies.

Mom continues eating while I go through my social media. The class group chat is filled with over 15k messages. I'm wondering what they are even talking about.

"Mom, who is the fair lady in our house?" Kayla asks.

"Don't you remember Michelle? Your Dad's cousin?"

"No," I reply. "Okay wait! Aunt Michelle?"

I can remember her now. She is the one who used to stay with me when Mom was in the hospital to deliver these two minions that are my younger siblings. That was even the first time I knew she was my aunt.

"Oh my God! It's been almost six years. I can't even remember her and she didn't bother to introduce herself!"

"Urm..."

"Come on, Kay. I'll introduce her to you and Kayden," I tell her and she comes upstairs with me.

I go back to bed after we talk with Aunt Michelle for a while. Today has been so tiring and I cannot wait for school tomorrow, but thinking of Asher's madness makes me frown. Somehow, I smile again when I remember how close his face was to mine, and how he apologised.

Don't tell me you're smiling because of that rascal, Karen! You don't use used.

My smile fades away and I sleep off.

*********

I drop my bag on my chair and sit down. Today I am so late to school, and that's because I started checking all the clothes Mom brought back yesterday, this morning.

"Welcome seat partner," Praise says.

I raise my eyebrows and bring them down immediately.

"Thank you."

Now, we have Chemistry and I forgot my lab coat at home. Today is just so bad.

I pass Asher's seat and go to my locker at the back of the class to bring my Chemistry note.

"Do I have to remind you guys to come to the laboratory before you do?" Sir Godfrey asks. He has this authoritative voice that can give you shivers. The class is now very quiet and everyone is hurrying to put on their lab coats. "And don't tell me you forgot your lab coat because I gave that reminder on Monday!"

I'm so scared that I can't think of anything else to do. Everyone is already leaving the class.

"Are you ok?" Praise asks me. He is bringing out his note from his locker.