67°

An after-school party a.k.a get-together party in August was not something bad at all. We will have the party at Asher's house tonight. I mean, the president's house. And although his father is supposed to have a clue about it, he still doesn't want to tell his dad so everyone in the grade is keeping it a secret. His dad will not get to find out if no one spills the beans, and his dad is in New York anyways. According to what Asher told me, he would stay for two weeks and then return.

So I am going for the party because Mom and Dad are in support of it. My parents actually love it when there are these kind of parties we host, but Mom has clearly warned to me stay clear from alcohol. Even without her telling me, I know I have to respect myself and take something soft.

I finish dressing up and go downstairs to take pictures before Zara comes to pick me up.

"Take care of yourselves and don't do something stupid," Mom tells us before we leave in her car.

She and the rest will travel to Calabar tomorrow morning and will be back next week, so I am spending the week at Zara's house. I took some of my stuffs to her place yesterday. How exciting.

"Are you excited about this stuff?" Zara asks once we are in the car.

"Yeah, and it's very unbelievable I'm going to the President's house."

"You know his main house is in Abuja right? Staying in Lagos is just an extra, and because he is the former Deputy Governor of Lagos State," she tells me.

"House na house joor, all is house. All are houses," I tell her.

"So Vida has gone. Finally, lemme see space in your house whenever I come visiting," she says.

"Yeah. Since last month. She's in London now. Her first semester is starting soon so she has to move in to the college campus," I tell her.

"Lucky she. We are all still awaiting for the date for Post UTME exams."

We keep talking until her driver, Sheriff drops us off at the mansion.

To be very honest, this is the biggest mansion I have ever set my eyes on. I mean a mansion that one of my friends own.

"Oh my goodness!" Zara exclaims. "Kill me! Is this a tour house or a hotel or what?!"

"Fuck! I'm surprised as you are," I say.

The house is all white, and has gold pillars. There are three swimming pools at the corner and four bars too. The flowers are well trimmed and the interlocks have a star shaped pattern. There are bouncers almost everywhere, dressed in black suits and glasses.

The door is with tinted black glass, it is a sliding door with a motion detector. Every other thing called a window or balcony protector is all made of glass.

Shit! This is too much to explain.

"I'm not sure of going in there anymore," I say all of a sudden.

"Why not?" She raises her brow.

"Babe, look at my dress naw. My boyfriend will not be impressed that I'm turning up at his party dressed like this," I tell her.

 My boyfriend will not be impressed that I'm turning up at his party dressed like this," I tell her