51°

I want to call his name but my tongue is tied and I just end up letting out a sigh instead, with my mouth agape. It's more like tears are gathering in my eyes. I've missed him this much and I'm actually realizing it. My whole week had been very boring because he wasn't there, now he's here. I should actually stop forming.

All eyes are on them as they come towards my direction. To be very honest, my heart beat has increased so I just turn back and keep staring down at my blank phone screen.

Next thing I know, someone pulls me up and gives me this very tight hug that is bone-crushing.

His perfume is like one of those he gave me that I broke in this same cafeteria– two months ago.

"I...I couldn't stay there without you. I wasn't...com-for-table," he stammers. I don't know how but I just let the tears fall on his shoulder. "Karen, I've missed you. I don't wanna let you go...I don't wanna let you down...please stay with me."

I should be the one saying that right now actually. He shouldn't leave me anymore. And I'm very sorry I kept frustrating his life right then by acting like he wasn't anything important to me.

I hug him back.

"Osheyyy!" Blaze hails and everyone is clapping and laughing and stuff.

Okay, I know this is weird because Asher and I are not even in any kind of relationship. We are just friends. Can he just date me and prove that he really likes me?

Someone mustn't date you to show how much they really like you.

My inner self is totally the worst bestfriend one can ever ask for.

Next thing I know, while I'm still hugging him with my dried up tears already, Dianne pushes us away and gives him a slap across his face.

That's not shocking though because I know Dianne is a mad girl. Like, she literally does what you won't even imagine but when she does it's not one bit shocking. One word for her:

Lunatic.

"Even after everything Asher! Why must it be her?!" She yells. I move closer to return the useless gift she just gave Asher but he holds me back.

"Thanks for the welcome speech you just gave me now," Asher says. "Anything else?"

She bites her lips in anger. "You!" She points her finger at me.

"Heyss! Abeg, point your crooked finger at my bestfriend only when you've done your manicure," Zara tells her and everyone laughs at that.

"I hate y'all. I hate this school! You guys are just so ungrateful!" She leaves the cafe with her minions.

"Comon fuck out joor!" I hear some people yell.

"Ode like her!"

"She cannot just be happy for somebody. Asher has made it clear to us that he likes Karen. Everyone should mind their businesses abeg. Let them do their happily ever after in peace and not pieces."

Thanks for that, Brijita.

"Please excuse me Seniors, may I come in?" A junior girl shouts from the doorway. I guess she must have been standing there out of frustration, and has to shout so we can hear her.

"Ehe! Better pikin, come in joor," Godwin says and the girl comes in.

I turn back to Asher who has a hand in his pocket and the other one now placed on my shoulder.

"Sorry 'bout that. Hope you ain't thinking we have anything?" He asks.

"Like?"

"Like maybe I made a promise to her and I broke it..like, maybe I said I'd date her again or.."

"It's fine. Y'all are free to do whatever it is you want," I tell him.

Okay, why am I saying things that I don't even mean?

"Please excuse me Senior Karen. The vice principal said that if I don't see Senior Erica, I should call you. She's in the reception," the junior girl tells me.

Gosh! Why me? That vice principal that I so much hate. That grumpy woman. Mrs Wande is even by far better than she is.

"Fine, I'm coming," I tell her and she leaves.

"I have to go now. You can have lunch with..." I move my eyes towards Zara who is sitting with Dylan and the other guys. "...Zara. She's fun and if the other guys are there, it means they're probably having some interesting kind of gist, and..."

"Yeah, I know that." He smirks and rubs his forehead.

"If you...say so." I shrug and start leaving but he walks behind me and pulls me back.

"Huh?" I raise my brows at him.

Finally, VHS people have learnt to be minding their businesses and not be staring at a boy and a girl doing their thing.

"I told you never to leave me," he told me.

"But I'll be back, right? Go back abeg." I turn to go again but he pulls me back. "Asher? I'm not vanishing. I'm not disappearing. I. Will. Be. Back."

"We'll go together." He holds my hand and we leave together.

When we get closer to the reception, I slip my hands away but he holds my hands again, and this time around even tighter.

"Asher, the VP is right in there. It won't look right if she sees us holding hands together," I tell him.

"Don't be scared." He winks at me.

I'm supposed to be happy right now that this guy is actually showing genuine feelings for me, but I'm forming again. Like, why won't I stop?

We go into the reception, still holding hands.

"Good afternoon," Asher greets.

"It's morning," I whisper to him and turn back to Mrs Omolola. "Goodmorning ma," I greet her.

"And always remember to add 'ma or sir' it shows respect," I whisper to Asher.

"Like they care though," he replies.

"Yes? Goodmorning," she replies us before raising her head up from the desk.

I'm wondering. Is she our new receptionist? Why is she sitting on that seat and where is Miss Aisha –our receptionist?

"Did I send for you, Dubem? And why are you guys holding hands like that?"

Out of fear, I slip my hand away but he still manages to hold my hand again. This boy just likes trouble.

"We are free to. We're bestfriends," he says.

Starting when?

"Doesn't mean you have to hold her like that. Teens of nowadays. So spoilt. Leave her alone, will you?!"

"Force me." Asher shrugs.

A/N

Dramatic boy.
Anyways, good riddance to Dianne though. Hopefully, we'll know what's going on between her and Jamal.

And yes! I'm gonna give a double update tomorrow cause I'm happy.
Someone took me out on a date🙈lol...and it's Asher!!!

Lemme enjoy my day rn fess.

See y'all tomorrow ❣️❣️