53°

Mrs Tolu has just asked me to help her carry our report booklets so I help her carry it, while she follows behind with the class register.

I'm not even the class prefect so why am I being called? I was just with the class prefect a few seconds ago. Duh..

While with the booklets, I open the classroom door and we enter inside. I walk over to Kamsi's table and drop the booklets there.

"Good afternoon Mrs Tolu," my classmates greet scatterdly. They're back from lunch early today, thank God.

"Good afternoon. So welcome back to school, I know I've said this lot of times but I still have to. Anyways, if you hear your name please indicate!" She says and starts calling the class register while my classmates reply.

"Karen, please share your result booklets," Mrs Tolu tells me.

I want to actually remind her that I used to be the class prefect in SS2, not now, but I decide against it. I stand in front of the class and call out the names while they come to take their booklets. They don't expect me to carry my fat legs around. And yeah, Mr James has been calling me 'fat legs'. I'm not even fat. He has to see Erica.

Bad thing that has to happen is that my booklet is together with Praise's, Jamal's and Asher's, so I walk to my seat and share it out again.

When I drop Asher's booklet on his table, he holds my hand right there and I'm giving him this look like: my hand is not your booklet o!

"Excuse my hands," I tell him and he leaves me alone. My eyes meet with Praise and I don't even know what else to do so I wave at him.

"Hi," I blurt out.

"Hey," he replies, and raises his brows.

Like, how did everything change? Praise would have given Asher a death glare if it was to be last term but now, he's just acting so unbothered.

I really miss my quadrilateral love story but if I have Asher, what's my business if the other two leave?

I face the front and give Jamal his booklet.

The bad feeling just comes to me that I'm not taking the first rank this time around but I'll just leave it till I get home and mommy will see for herself. I might just be over thinking things.

After school, I pack my stuffs into my bag when my phone beeps. A text from Zara.

Zamani🍭: Okayyy...it went round on everyone's status. Like VHS peeps can gossip ehn...😒

Me: Wassup? What's going on?

I go over to check some people's statuses and my eyes see what it has been wanting to see– Dylan, asking Zara out. Like why wasn't I there? Live?

Me: Oh that...🤭🤭y I no dey there na? See the way all off dem r nau screaming 'say yes say yes' lmaooo.

Zamani🍭: it's nuh funny. D new couples deserve privacy joor😏

Me: You don turn celeb nii😂am happy for you bby ❤ like, fr😊

Zamani🍭: How is a legit gf supposed to act sef?🤔 It got me wondering

Me: Actually, I was hoping you'd know so you can teach me how to be a legit girlfriend😁

Zamani🍭: Wait oh, are you guys dating?

Me: Me and who?🤨

Zamani🍭: You and Asher jor. See question

Me: What makes you think so? This boy doesn't look like he'll ask me anytime soon sef😒