44°

Jamal was the first person actually hosting a ball party amongst all his friends. Although he felt weird about it, what could he do? His Dad's friends  were coming, even his late mom's friends would come too and many other people including children. It was a formal party and a big one at that which will go live on TV. He just had to leave it that way.

"Where's my sister?" he asked the costumier while they dyed his hair in a red color. He had already told them he wanted the part cut lower, than the full curly hair in the middle, to be black. So his hair would be black and red.

"The room next to yours," the costumier replied. "And you have just one hour to get fully dressed."

After they were done with his hair-dye and letting it dry, he stood at the balcony of his room as the costumier and makeup artiste were arranging his stuffs.

The ball room was just below his room and he could hear the loud song coming from there. That wasn't a hiphop party so he wondered what the DJ was thinking by playing FEM.

He dialled Karen's number and she picked up after the second ring.

"Hello?" she said over the phone.

"Hey Kay."

She laughed. "I'm Karen, Jamal. Hope you ain't mistaking me for your girlfriend."

"I gat no girlfriend." He laughed.

"I don't believe you." Even though she believed him. If she found out he had a girlfriend right then, she would have hurt deep down inside her. "You are always around beautiful teenagers."

"How do you know that?"

"I see your Instagram posts, duh."

"Damn! Those are just random parties that my family friends host and I attend."

"But girls are over you in the videos."

He wondered why she spoke like that. Was she jealous and suspected him?

"Cause I'm handsome."

Right inside her she was saying, ‘you’re sure screaming handsome’ but she scoffed on the outside.

"Don't fool yourself. So why did you call?"

"I just wanted to call you. I don't even have anything to say."

"Stupid boy! Looks like you don't know I'm currently busy right now."

"How am I supposed to know that?"

"Whatever! Talk to you later." She ended the call immediately, and he dropped his phone down sadly.

He could never be like Asher. He can never disturb her so much the way Asher did, yet she still liked Asher. Everytime he tried talking to her and telling her about his feelings for her, he just lost the courage after thinking about Asher. He had never felt confident to say that and she seemed like someone who'd laugh over it and call it a joke. She might never even take it serious. She just never changes, he thought. She is still fierce.

If only he knew how Karen thought she had become a soft person and anything could get to her. Her fierceness had been lost already because of some quadrilateral love something going on in her life this moment.

••••••••••••••••

"Here he comes!" Zara squealed. Karen sat up straight on her chair and searched for him.

There he came in the most adorable white suit ever, with his name written in glittery calligraphy letters on the lapel of his suit. The lapel was glittery black, while his name was written in silver.