66°

We had a big fight after that so we haven't spoken to each other since then and now it's almost a month. I feel so guilty for that but I am not ready to apologise. My pride is getting to me and although I have the feeling that this is going to end in our relationship, I still don't want to go up to him with an apology from my heart.

"Why are you guys no longer hanging around each other a lot anymore? I know the both of you as people who are well attached to each other, what's happening?" Zara asks, sitting down beside me.

We all just finished having our last general paper, which is Civic.

"He's busy." And my eyes dart towards his direction, where he is playing basket ball in his uniform.

"Lies of the heart. There is something more to that. I'm your bestfriend, Karen, and I know when you lie," she says.

"Cut that crap! We've both being busy for each other."

"Seriously? Even if I'm wearing diapers. Come on, if it's your fault then go on ahead and apologise to him. That's how a legit girlfriend is supposed to act," she tells me.

"It's not my fault." I pick up my bag to leave.

"That means you guys had a fight right?"

Yeah.

And because of the topic called, "sex and dating".

"I dunno what's wrong with him but be sure it isn't my fault." I leave finally, and go to the parking lot to wait for Elijah.

While waiting for him, Jamal shows up.

"Hey, how was the last paper?" he asks.

"Pretty good. Everything is now so boring, coupled with the fact that only few of us took NECO. I shouldn't have wasted money on this shit."

"It's still useful, y'know?"

"I guess." I nod. "So, how is Lexa?"

He nods, "Been good. Don't you see her at school?"

"Exam has got us busy so even if I see her, my mind may not be there."

"Right. We've all been occupied and we don't attend school everyday."

We are both silent.

"Are you coming for the Valedictory Service on Sunday?"

"Sure. You?"

"All prefects are expected to be there so why won't I be there?" I ask.

"Yeah, right. How did you even keep up with that post since September?"

I shrug. "I don't know, and I don't even want to bother thinking about it. The past is in the past."

"So..."

"So...?"

"Your driver is here," he says immediately. "See you on Sunday, and please dress prettily."

I smile. "You too." And with that, I leave. Vida joins me in the car too.

While we drive out, I can see Dianne and some other students walking home together.

Yeah, right. The school permitted her to take exams with us but she is not a student anymore and...well, it's a complicated case because she is permitted to attend the Valedictory Service.

I wish I can walk home too but damn, my fat legs won't do me a favour, and yeah, Asher said I do not have fat legs. But still, why won't Mr James stop calling me Fatimah anytime he sees me?