46°

He pins my hand to the couch. Like, what the hell is he doing? I never knew Jamal could be this nasty. I break away from the kiss.

"What do you think you're doing, Jamal?" I ask in a whisper.

"I just want your whole attention right now." He leans in closer again and keeps kissing me.

Should I tell him I have a boyfriend?

"Nigga! Jay?!" Someone interrupts us.

Jamal breaks away from the kiss and I sit up. It's Asher who just came in. I know he saw us. He must have seen us, because he has his hands in his pockets and an angry look on his face.

"I thought you wouldn't stop so I had to call your name. Sorry if I interrupted." He tries being calm, even though I know he is very angry.

Jamal stands up and shoves his hand into his pocket.

"We were gonna drive around in your maserati and I wanted you to join us but.."

"I was enjoying a good time here bro!" Jamal tells him, moving closer to him.

Asher bends his head down and runs his hand through his hair, raising his head up and looking at Jamal straight in his face.

"A's before baes bro. Don't you remember?"

"Do you have to remind me when I am enjoying my good time with Karen? You do whatever you want with her so why won't you let me be?!"

"Cause you are fucking around with my girlfriend."

Say wahhht?!!!!

"And you won't interrupt my nice session with her?" Jamal laughs sarcastically and rests his hand on Asher's shoulder. "Learn how to lie."

Asher gets Jamal's hand off his shoulder and dusts off an imaginary dirt from his suede suit.

"So even if you had a chance to fuck around with someone's girl, you'd do that? What a bestfriend you are."

So they are really bestfriends. They don't even act like that.

"You too, what a bestfriend you are! What a really good friend you are that you have to boss us all around! Now you want to boss me around too because I kissed a girl? Like, hold on..are you my dad? Are you Mr Jaturah? Why the hell would I believe you are dating Karen?!"

"Jamal, don't say something that will make me....Fact is that I'm so tired of you. Like you're the worst gee ever. I'm tired of our bestfriendship. We are so done!"

"Okay stop! Stop it you two! If I'm gonna be the person to cause a break up then I am not interested. I don't like any of you and I don't want any of you coming close to me again! Ever again!"

I stomp off and go down to the ball room. It's lively right in here but I feel like going home already.

I walk outside and sit in a bar close to the swimming spot. The night is cold and everywhere is empty out here so I just let the tears fall. One by one. First from my left eye, and another drop from my right eye. Now, I just confirmed the soft spot I have for Asher. I feel like a girl who just cheated on her boyfriend with his bestfriend. I feel like Asher is going to break up with me even though we aren't even dating. Even after every attitude I give to him, I know that right somewhere in my heart is a space saved for him. I have just confirmed to myself that he is the person I truly like. My second crush in my whole life.

I wipe the tears off my eyes but they still drop again. I raise up my head and sniff and my eyes sight Aina coming to meet me. I wipe my tears gently and act fine.