23°

KAREN’S POV

Surprisingly, I don’t feel one bit sleepy when I wake up. Usually, I would have a slight headache and lie back on my bed again, and sleep off afterwards –it only happens when I go to bed late. I look around and find Asher sleeping beside me.

Aww, he’s so cute....

Now I remember what even happened last night. But I’m supposed to be sleeping under the stairs now, right? Ugh!

Back to what I have in my mind presently, Asher is really cute. I stare hard at his face and now I want to kiss him. I lean closer, slowly, to do that but then his eyes flash open.

“You can always tell me when you want my kiss,” he says.

I sit up on the bed and face the other way. I breathe out on my hand through my mouth. Yeah, my breath is good just as his.

I turn back to him. “Sometimes, I regret why I ever let you kiss me.” And that’s the truth. Asher and I are supposed to take things really slow. Infact, we are supposed to still be enemies. Why the hell did I forgive him so quickly?

“We were just kids,” he says. “We knew nothing. Yeah me too, I regret apologising to you.”

Oh yeah?

“Kindly take me home, Mr Deputy Governor’s Son..?”

“I’ll be down in my car.” He stands up and leaves the room. What does he even think he is?

I don’t have a slipper to use as my footwear. This is so frustrating.

I pick up the shopping bag that I used to pack my gown and start moving downstairs.

There’s loud music coming from the sitting room, and looking through the glass, I sight Kim moving her waistlines on Ashton while he smokes on the chair. These people are crazy.

I move to the in-built garage and get into the car without a footwear.

“Where do you live?”

“Just go, I’ll direct you.”

He starts driving without even saying any other thing to me. Why is he so hard to understand? I thought he liked me and I was so good for him. I thought I was perfect for him. Was he flirting with me?

His phone rings but he ignores it. It does twice more and he still doesn’t even pick it up. I pick up his phone and check the caller.

“Asher it’s your dad. What’s wrong with you? Answer him.”

Is father and son beefing? Lol, sounds weird. Oh well, I guess so. Asher is even popular in a kinda way. I mean, the most popular children of politicians amongst all is the Kennedy family. But Ashbel is the most popular one even though he’s just fourteen...or maybe because he lives in America with his mom and younger brother, Ashwyn.

“Leave it,” he says.

“Why do you always enjoy causing trouble? You always feel like what you do is the most perfect thing on Earth! Why are you...”

“Can you stop prying???”

I keep mum and face the road.

“Thank you,” he says. I don’t even say any other word while he drives. After a short while, he picks up his phone and does whatever he does.

“Hey Dad,” he says, and puts his Bluetooth headphones in his ears.

But like seriously, hey Dad?? No good morning? Na wa o!

“Yeah...was showering.”

Say whaaatt???!

“You’re coming? Wait, why? But...I’m going out now and... No Dad, no way. Ashton’s not even...”

He removes the headphones and drops it in the cup holder.

“Holy sh...” He hits the steering and accelerates.

“Gawd Asher, drive slowly ok? I might die.”

He ignores me and even drives faster. Honestly, I’m kinda scared about this ride but I just clutch the seatbelt tighter. Luckily for us, the traffic is light so he drops me off in no time.

I go to my room and drop the bag where my party clothes are, on the bed. I lazily go to Aunt Michelle’s room so she can know that I am at home now.

I knock on the door and she replies.

“Come in,” she says. I open the door and go in, then sit on her bed. “Who opened the gate for you?”

“Mutiu did. Good morning,” I greet her.

“Yeah, how was the party?”

“Totally scattered. But manageable though, the other school screwed it up.”

“Wow! Nice. I waited for you to come home after your parents left but I got tired and slept off.”

“Sorry, I slept at Zara’s.”

She eyes me suspiciously. Why am I even lying to Aunt Michelle? I trust her.

“Oh...okay then. I’m going back go Delta State today anyways. I need to deal with something over there.”

“Are you gonna come back?”

She nods. “Yes, and please don’t let those boys deceive you OK? I feel like it’s not right for you.”

Yeah, me too. Especially when Asher has hurt my feelings by saying that stuff about being his girlfriend. What does he take me for?

“I threw them away. They’re just lousy puppets, all three of them.”

“Really?”

Oops! I never meant to say that out loud anyways.

“Never mind, I’ll go shower and then make breakfast.”

She squints her eyes. “Sure??”

“Totes.” I make a circle with my thumb and index finger then wink at her before leaving the room.

Now I just took off Asher’s shirt, what am I to do with it? I want to keep it and I still want to thrash it. Hard decision.

Hopefully, I’m gonna get over him. I can’t believe I spent my time on that dude. It still disgusts me to think of the fact about how he pulls my braids at school and makes me sneak out of school with him. But still...without him, my high school story is going to be boring. Especially now that Zara has Dylan.

Help!

A/N

I know this is the shortest chapter ever but don’t blame me. I just had to put it this way.

And sorry for not updating for over a week now, I’ve been tired and occupied.

I’m so excited to let you guys know that I’m done with high school...yupiie!!!!😂

Anyways, see ya in the next chapter.
From,
Omah Angel💜