I come early to school today, and that’s because My driver had to drop Dad at the airport and I have to follow him.

When I enter the classroom, I see Jamal arranging his books in the locker on top mine.

It’s actually funny because Asher’s locker is beside mine on the left and Praise’s is beside mine on the right.

“Hey Jamal.” I go over to my seat and drop my bag. “What are you doing in my class?”

“It’s my class too now,” he replies, and continues.

I decide to help him by giving him his books while he arranges it.

“Why did you switch?”

“Mrs Wande switched me with Brijita,” he replies. Like I said before, Brijita is the muslim girl in my class who hasn’t been acting like other desperate girls because of Asher.

“Oh...okay.” I nod.

I leave him immediately Zara comes to find me in class.

“Him again? Is he in your class now?” she asks, grinning.

“Yes.” I roll my eyes because I know what she is about to do.

“Was there any closeness?”

“Hei! Zara o! No joor, I just assisted in arranging his locker.”

Aina comes too and joins us.

“Do you guys know what freaking happened yesterday?” Aina asks.

Zara and I look at each other and shake our head. Of course, she doesn’t expect us to know. None of us live together.

“Junior texted me. He was just...I don’t know but...” she starts to smile. “I think he likes me.”

“Omg!” Zara squeals and holds Aina’s arm. “Gist me, gist me, gist me naw!”

Aina starts to laugh.

“I’ll join you guys later,” I say and leave them.

Oya na...no p!” Zara says and they both go to Zara’s class.

I actually like Aina because she is a free person and she is not shy. That’s even the main reason why I’m relating with her– even majority of our classmates like her already.

**************

Every form teacher is expected to spend thirty minutes with their student before classes commence, so immediately we march into the class after assembly, Mrs Tolu comes in.

Praise sits down beside me.

“Hey Karen, how was your night?” he asks.

“Short, yours?”

“Cold.” He pretends as if he’s shivering, and I giggle.

Praise hits the table. “Class compliment!”

Asher does not even do anything as the class prefect he is. The only thing he’s good at is to cover his head with his hoodie and make those girls fall for him.

Are you not also falling?

Duh, I don’t use used.

Oh, you soon will. Hehe...

Everyone stands up and greets Mrs Tolu.

“Good moooorrrnnning, Mrs Tolu!”

“Why is the greeting so slurry? Anyways goodmorning. Sit down.”