37°

We're going tomorrow. Wow! It's been so crazy since Tuesday. My ankle still hurts (but just a bit), and my friends care about me a lot. This night, we are having a bonfire night and it's in thirty minutes. I haven't even gone down to have dinner. I just woke up and I'm lying on my bed, staring at the top of the four poster bed. I'm so tired right now that I can't even speak.

I pick up my phone to check if Asher has sent any message but he hasn't at all. I stare at our last messages and drop my phone back.

Well, I really want to talk to him but I'm the boss here right? He has to talk to me first

"Have you had dinner?" Erica asks me.

I shake my head. "Just waking up."

"Should I follow you down to the dining room? The plates will soon be cleared," she tells me.

"If you're okay with it."

"Sure."

"Thanks."

We go down to the dining and I sit down to a dinner of plantain porridge. I don't know why I chose it over spaghetti, I've been weird.

"Karen.." Erica calls me.

"Yes?" I raise my head up with my fork still at the tip of my lips.

"I don't know why I suddenly started.." she stops talking and sighs, "..started trusting you."

"Woah!" was the only thing I could say. "Why?"

"I don't know. You're just unique so I decided that I need to talk to you about something really private and although, I honestly don't wanna hurt you...I just feel like you should know."

"You sure you wanna tell me this?" I ask her. I wonder what it is that is going to hurt me.

"Okay..." She lets out a deep breath and bends her head down. Gosh! This girl is too quiet to be the head girl. "The thing is..I like Asher."

Wadafak????!!!!!

I almost choke on my food but I pretend to be all right. Inside of me is boiling and now I feel like I wanna faint for just three seconds. Three seconds only.

I thought this girl was firewood. She never likes anyone and she never squeals because the F4 are around, so why now? I bet she wouldn't have had the mind to say this to someone like Dianne.

Inside my head is like:

Better stay on your own and lemme nor hear you are trying to get close to Asher.

But outside of me is like:

*Smiles* okay, what should I do? Issa free world.

I don't know. I just hardly ever have the heart to say something mean to someone. Except Dianne and her clique, of course.

"Why are you telling me? I'm not his girlfriend. Do what you want," I blurt out.