57°

I keep feeding on my M&M while Elijah drives me and Vida to school. Vida has this kind of angry look on her face, and in order to annoy her the more, I keep giggling at nothing while typing away in my phone, just to get her more annoyed.

"Mad girl!" I giggle again as I reply Aina's chat.

"Can you stop all these? You been acting like this since we got in here and it's so annoying," she tells me.

"Am I talking to you? Mind your business and I'll mind mine," I shoot back and eye her so much that I know it can pierce right into someone's soul.

"She-devil!"

"She-antichrist!" And with that, I laugh even louder in a sarcastic tone. What's making her angry this morning? I know we barely talk to each other so if she is being angry, let her not come one bit close to me with that filthy anger of hers.
__

I go into my classroom after assembly and wait patiently for Asher to come in. For chrissakes, he comes early everyday. Why does he have to be late on this particular day that I have to bring the duty roaster? Even if Mrs Tolu doesn't come to check on us this morning, she will after sports and he just can't let me down now.

I actually wanted to take that duty roaster home but I just wanted him to keep it with him so he won't forget me at home. I guess he actually forgot about me since he didn't even bother calling.

My phone beeps and a text from Asher pops up in the notification bar on my phone.

Asher:
I'm sorry but dad already booked a flight for us to go to NY today cos of Ashley's remembrance. I will quickly send the picture of the duty roaster. I'm really sorry I'm letting you down now...I know I promised not to let you down before but please just the last time. I will make it up to you, I swear😩🙏🏻

Okay, hold on. What if this guy never comes back? I've heard so much about how unpredictable his Dad can be and I hope that man doesn't make him stay there. Not now that I'm getting attached to him.

I sigh and drop my bag beside my table. What more of a boring day will I have?

Jamal and Praise come into the class together, looking really sad –mostly Jamal. He even looks like he cried himself to stupor last night.

I'm tempted to go over and hug him, before asking what the problem with him is.

Someone clears her throat.

"Madam, we don't have to keep waiting for you everytime. Mr Felix is calling you," Dianne says.

"I'm busy today." I move my eyes back to Jamal.

"Maybe you should come downstairs and tell Mr Felix yourself!" She says and walks off.

Well, I thought she had a thing with Jamal and is supposed to care about him so why did she have to leave him feeling sad?

I just have to mind my business right now so I text Asher back.

Me:
Can you imagine?🤦🏻‍♀You are totally the worst partner anybody can ever ask for!

Karen gosh! Today's his sister's rememberance.

Okay yeah.

So immediately, I delete the text and type something else.

Me:
Oh sorry about that. And please come back! I need you!😭

And I click send, only getting to realize that I typed what I was saying in my mind out. I wanted to actually tell him 'sorry', but see what monologue does to oneself.  Why do my thoughts always get the best of me?!