31°

Asher drags me behind him and glares hard at Praise.

"Don't get closer," Asher warns him. Praise steps closer, clenching his fists.

"You can never mind your business," Praise tells him.

"You're the one not minding your business. Leave us the hell alone and get a life!"

They both move close to each other, and I know any drama can ensue right now because these two are capable of fighting even on the day of Judgement.

I quickly come in between them.

"You both step back! No one's fighting." I try to sound very low so people don't notice us.

Praise points his index finger at Asher while Asher steps back with a smirk on his face. Is there any way I can slap this smirk off his face?

Dianne comes to us and wraps her hand around Asher's neck. I was right, they're back together.

"I told you before that she's not worth your time," she tells Asher. The rage in me is building up but I control myself and lead Praise out.

We get into his car and he turns on the A.C.

"I'm sorry you saw that." He runs his hand through his hair. "I promise to get the necklace back for you."

"He can have it. Let's not make that your weak point or he'll keep stepping on your toes with that," I say.

"Right." He rests his head on the steering and I place my hand on his back.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Why can't he just mind his business?"

"Can we forget the dude now? I'm so tired."

"Sorry." He hold my hand and draws circles on it with his finger. He uses the other hand to turn the music on. "Are you a Juice WRLD fan?"

"Kinda."

Hear me calling starts playing. Why did this guy even die sef? He died after XXXTentacion and it hurts so much that my two favourite died. Now, I've moved to Justin Bieber.

"You like it? I can change it if you want."

I look at him and he smiles at me. "I like it."

I sing along to the first verse of the song.

Breakaway, and make a way to make it
Love the way you lookin' when you naked
Treat your heart just like a blunt, of OG
Roll it up, I kissed it and I smoke you
Gots to be joking
Where in the fuck did you think you were going?
Foldin' and packin' your clothes like you ain't know I was gon' unfold it
Wine glass full of your emotions
Oh, Pinot Grigio, sippin', beautiful, heaven-soul woman
He don't know, let me know, let me
In your heart, don't you dare forget me
I'm your fan, yo' posters on my walls inside my head, yeah, yeah
I'm your fan, yo' posters on my walls inside my head, yeah♪

"You're so different from our grade girls," he says to me while driving.

"How?"

"You are the only girl I know now that is a fan of American songs. Others are stuck with boring African songs, even Miriam likes traditional music. Can you imagine?"

I giggle. "I wonder why they have to keep us till 3pm."

"You hungry?"

"Nope, I just want to get these heels off."

He accelerates and smiles at me, changing the song to Scared of love.

"Juice WRLD is your favourite?" I ask him.