54°

I felt a tap on my butt. Like, this very hard tap, more like it's even a beating. I open my eyes and turn the other way to see Mom standing beside me.

"So you have become deaf shey?" She asks.

"Oh..mummy..." I rub my eyes.

"Yes? Daddy."

"Goodmorning ma."

"Ehhh, goodnight." She hisses, and just then I remember that I got back from school few hours ago. It's not yet morning, and Mom can never wake me up for school.

"Sorry, I forgot." I let out a sigh.

"And when did you start sleeping naked?"

"I was tired..." I adjust the purple blanket on my body and sit up a bit. "...so I took off my dress and slept off."

I am not really bothered about the laundry. I have two extra set of uniform.

"Your dad and I want to see you in the dining," she informs.

"I'll be down soon." I reply her and yawn, while she leaves.

Gosh! This hammer that they are knacking me inside my head is just something else.

I lazily get up from my bed and rush into the bathroom to shower, afterwards, throwing on PJs and applying white powder on my face.

I walk downstairs and find Mom and everybody eating in the dinning, although those twins are playing with their rice, while Vida is chatting away.

I greet them and sit down with them too and expect them to say something but they don't, so I enjoy my food. They only get to speak up when Vida says she is going to bed and then she leaves.

"So Karen, what happened to your rank this term? You've never taken the second place before," Dad says.

"I know but..it could be with just a little average." I bite my lower lip.

"I'm going to permit you because this is the first time but this term, you have to take your place and be the valedictorian. I want you to be the best graduating student," he tells me.

"The person that took the first place doesn't have two heads," Mom adds.

Mommy must add sugar, pepper, salt, maggi so that the matter must be prolonged. Is it just me or does everyone have their Mom with a simliar character?

"I know," I mutter.

After dinner, I go back to my room and straight to my study desk. I've got Biology and Civic homework to work on.

My phone rings and I get up to go and get it. It's Asher, and I'm just noticing he has called fifteen times, like what the hell? Christ! I didn't even know that this guy was actually going to call me. He never does this before. What's wrong?

He's addicted to you.

I pick the call and place the phone on my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe," he says.

"I'm my dad's babe. My dad is my second half, what's up?"

"C'mon, don't do me like that b. So yeah, I just called for no reason. Just to hear your voice."

"Only?"

"I won't lie to you," he tells me. "So, we gonna start up with something. Tell me about you."

"Seriously?"

"Uh-huh."

I'm sure that must have come with a shrug. This guy is honestly disturbing me.