21°

KAREN’S POV

I really want to spend much time with Asher and I don’t know why. There’s room for me to ask him to take me home but I wouldn’t, thank God Mom and Dad are spending the night outside so I can get back home in the morning.

Usually, when Mom and Dad spend the night out, they return the next day when it’s already ten am or something.

Okay, I shouldn’t have shouted at him for touching my phone. But I feel it’s fine if I’m the boss here.

I step out of the shower and tie my towel around my chest and the other around my hair in a turban. I don’t even have a hairnet to cover my hair.

I don’t want to wear what he has brought out for me because I want him to ask so I go to his wardrobe and pick out a black T-shirt which has

How to party yeah
We know how to party

written in purple calligraphy. Yeah, reminds me of that song by Chris Brown.

I put it on and look for an underwear. Maybe his...shorts? Lemme try.

I bring out one black one and put it on, not even my size at all. I mean, the waistline is elastic but oh my...it’s all flared out when it comes to my laps. I’ll just manage.

He comes in when I’m about to undo my turban. I forgot I did not lock the door.

“You didn’t lock the door?”

“I just opened it,” I lie. “Where’s your brother?”

“On his way home.”

“Is he going to react negatively when he sees me here?” I ask. Ashton already looks like he’s the worse one between him and Asher.

“Nope, why? He knows I have a girlfriend.”

“But..I’m not your girlfriend...”

I’m not sure I heard correctly.

“You don’t fit that part. You’re a good girl,” he tells me.

Ouch! That hurts. Is this why he dated Dianne? Because she is bad? And why he can’t date me is because he thinks I’m a good girl? Eeew, lame! Wait, why am I even reacting to this.

Cos you’re hurt and you want him to date you.

“Well...you don’t fit that part in my life either,” I tell him.

“Trust me, I won’t be your boyfriend because I’m better than the person you yearn for.” He walks to his bed and plugs his phone.

Such jerk.

He moves to his mp3 player and starts playing Heathens by Twenty One Pilots.

He is the second person amongst the guys who is playing a song from Twenty One Pilots. First time, it was Jamal when we got locked in the music room.

“D’you all really have deep secrets? You’re all too strange.”

“You can put your gown and heels in this bag, I’ll drop you home in the morning.” He hands me a purple shopping bag, ignoring my question.