68°

Author's POV

He stood up to get them drinks and sh adjusted on her seat, reminding her self that no matter what she did at the party, she shouldn't take alcohol.

Dianne came and sat beside her with a big smile across her face.

"Hey girl," she said.

"Urm, hey," Karen replied.

"So, it's nice to meet you again. Are you studying in Nigeria?"

"Yeah, you?"

She was not feeling comfortable sitting with Dianne that moment. All she ever knew was that the girl was a snake.

"Nah, I'm leaving for South Africa soon though. Maybe next month or October. Depends."

"Wow ok." Karen went silent but then she spoke up again. "Did Asher invite you?"

"Nope. My friend did."

I wonder if they even talk, Karen said to herself.

"Nice."

Just then, Asher came back with a waiter behind him. He gave Dianne a look that Karen couldn't understand before finally sitting down beside his girlfriend.

"Did she say anything to you?" Asher asked. Karen shook her head.

The waiter set down the wine and their glasscups on the table, and left afterwards.

"I didn't invite her. I dunno what she is doing here," he explained.

"Are you gonna chase her away now that you've found out?" Karen asked.

"Nah, but it's better she doesn't come close to me."

"Why don't you both try being casual friends?"

Asher adjusted on his seat and starts pouring the wine into their glasscups.

"Us?" He shakes his head with a smirk. "I've tried seeing a reason to like her and make her my friend buh.." He shrugs. "..there's nothing good I've seen in her."

Karen bit her lower lip. "Oh wow. I bet she blames me for taking you away from her." She raised the glass to her lips.

"She caused it."

"Hope this isn't alcohol and you didn't spike it. You know I don't take alcohol," she told him.

"Yes. I had that in mind when I asked the bartender for wine."

She nodded and took a very light sip. She dropped it immediately. It had a good taste but she didn't want to drink much incase of necessity.

He gulped down the whole glass and poured himself another, then relaxed on the chair and drew her close to him while she rested her head on his chest.

"You can stain my shirt with your make-up."

"Didn't apply make-up on. Just my lip gloss," she replied.

"Hold on, really? And you look this fantastic?"

"Maybe because of the disco lights but trust me, I didn't dress that much for a night party where nobody would actually see your face and where every teenager will be doing their stuffs."

"Aww, I love you." He pecked her forehead.

"I love you more baby." She returned that by kissing him lightly.

"So urm, let's go get a tattoo."

"A tattoo? That hurts right?"

"I can get a permanent one while you get a temporary one," he told her.