56°

Jamal’s POV

I stop playing the piano because I can’t even concentrate right now. Even though I’m making it seem as if I really don’t give a damn about Karen, I still do. Like, I crave her so bad.

Truth is that I can’t force myself on her because it’s obvious that she likes Asher and he likes her too. No matter how hard she tries to hide her feelings, everyone still knows about it. And whenever I hear people talking about it at school, it just makes me really frustrated.

Kinda, I wish Asher had gone to Australia for good. Like, why does that dude get all he wants whenever he wants and however he wants?

Even when I thought Karen wouldn’t fall for him because he is troublesome, and neither will she fall for Praise because he is always the type who jokes around a lot and might not even take her serious, she still fell for one of them.

If only they hadn’t had that deal, Asher wouldn’t have been in her life even though he was in the same class. I can remember how clearly I had planned on finally making my feelings known to my crush. To be very honest, I’ve been crushing on her since eleventh grade.

At first, I had a crush on her in eighth grade and I think she did too but when we got into ninth grade, none cared about the other anymore but everything just came back in eleventh grade.

I watched her every time. Every damn time– when she comes into the cafeteria, the way she talks, how she campaigned for the post of a sanitary prefect. Like, everything about her was almost perfect and she had me falling again. But then, it was when the six of us were still strong together until Praise split up with us because Asher was getting all he wanted in just a snap of a finger.

That guy is such a devil! How does he even get all the girls? And without even staying up to three weeks in her life, her feelings already showed but she did try to hide them though. It kinda worked, but the smart ones understood too well, what she was trying to do.

Now, just to get her off my mind, I started pairing with Dianne. I don’t even want to date her because I feel as though she wants to use me to get back at Asher. One annoying thing about her is that she is so clingy, and I hate it.

Imagine waking up in the morning to see up to thirty missed calls. Her obsessions is so much and really frustrating. Maybe I should make it clear to her that she is being clingy and we aren’t even in any relationship so I don’t see a reason why she should be bugging me.

Standing up from the piano seat, I go over to my study desk and pick up my phone– wanting to dial Karen’s number and ask her how she is but, I have to kill this feeling for her now. Why can’t she stop her charm?

I throw my phone on my bed and my eyes just meet my mom’s picture. Tomorrow is her rememberance day, same as Ashley’s too, but Ashley died three years before my mom did. Exact date.

“Mom?” I move closer to her picture and pick it up, slumping back on my bed. “Can you urr...come back now?”

I’m all really so emotional right now. I lose every thing I love.

Lexa, please don’t leave me too.

“It’s so boring here. I want to kiss your fingers again and take you out like I used to. I can’t live with Dad being like this towards me every single time. He easily let another woman replace you.” My voice is beginning to crack but I have to force myself not to cry. “Mom, she already has two daughters even...one is older than I am and the other is same age with me..he just let y-you...he let your memory slip away even before six months...”