38°

I decided to write this in Asher’s point of view because I think we all gotta know what’s going on in that mind of his. He can be so unpredictable so I just thought it’d be amazing to know what he actually wants to do and his mindset sometimes. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter.
Dedicated to Evahgold, jokinglyjinxed, ishpep2, just_Rir1/,sheiskareema, AzorNwafor, _YourTrueIntrovert_,i_t_e12345 and phebenightjames...and I can never forget Xase-faith.
Thanks guys!😊 Y’all got me going💜

______________________________________

I told Mrs Tolu that Karen and I would go back to Lagos together without even giving her a reason. Although, she looked like she was partially against it, she still agreed though but on conditions that we must be safe and follow the bus or probably be ahead of the bus.

Now, I’m sitting in my car waiting for Karen to come out of the apartment. but she is still right in there. I’ve waited for over twenty minutes and she still isn’t out. There is no reason on earth why I shouldn’t be worried.

I go up to her room and knock on the door because it is locked. She opens it for me and her eyes are red and swollen.

“Hey watsup? Why you cryin’?” I ask her.

“Nothing, I’m okay,” she says and goes to her bed.

“Why aren’t you dressed up yet? The bus is about to leave.”

“Can’t find my things!” Her voice is high and I can know that she is unhappy and frustrated. “Not even my phone. I can’t find anything at all!”

I push my head back. “What the...?” I shove my hands into my pockets. “I know who did it.”

She raises an eyebrow and twists her lips to the side. “Who?”

“I think it’s Dianne or maybe one of her friends.”

“Dianne? I’ve been with her since last night and we both skipped breakfast this morning. How the hell would she steal my things from me? I could have caught her,” she says.

“Maybe when you slept off,” I reasoned.

“I slept off by two this morning and everyone was asleep. She was even...snoring.” She tells me out of frustration and plops down on her bed.

“Anything could have happened. I know my ex so well, she is a very good pretender,” I tell her. “Hold on, I’ll be right back.” I go downstairs and ask a girl to help me call Dianne. Even the girl I called seems excited I spoke to her. These girls are awkward, to be very honest.

Dianne came up to me, smiling. For chrissakes, why can’t she get that her smile doesn’t attract me anymore?

“Hey! What happened?” she asks.