7

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What are we doing, Five?" I asked as we moved down the dark street, hand in hand.

"Walking." I rolled my eyes, but decided not to ask any more questions, knowing I wouldn't get proper answers.
We continued to walk down the empty street until we reached a store and Five hesitated. He gave my hand a small squeeze, before teleporting us inside. I was more than confused, but then Five started to explain.
"When I first got stuck in the apocalypse, I looked for any sign of people, animals, anything. The best I could find was cockroaches and the occasional rat. I thought I was going to die like pretty much everything else." He said softly, looking at me.
"I was just a kid. A scared and alone kid. I went home to the academy, but it was destroyed. I needed to find somewhere I could call my new home. This was it. This store. I stayed here for... a whole 3 years, until there was no food left in this area and I left. It was the longest I stayed in one place." He smiled sadly.

"You never told me that." I smiled back at him.
Five pulled me past the racks of clothes, grabbing a torch from a shelf and turning it on, before leading me towards the centre of the store, where there were several mannequins.
He kneeled on the floor in front of one of them and sighed.

"This is where I slept for 3 years. It sounds stupid, but the mannequins were almost comforting to be around." I shook my head and kneeled next to him, pulling him into a hug.

"It's not stupid at all." He kissed my head.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

"For what?" I asked and he looked at me with sad eyes.

"They took you and locked you away for 6 months, because I couldn't make the portal big enough for both of us to get here. And the Commission don't just lock people away unless they want something, information, and we both know they don't ask nicely." I laughed a little.

"Yeah, it wasn't fun, but it's not your fault, Five." I moved some of his hair out of his face.
"Besides, it's not like I told them anything important."

"That's what I was worried about." He sighed and I stood up.
"How bad did they hurt you?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Five." I muttered and he got off the ground, ready to protest. His eyes widened suddenly and he grabbed my arm.

"No!" Gunshots rang out and a sharp pain shot through my shoulder as he pulled us both behind a clothes rack.
"Oh shit! It's them!" He yelled and I brought my hand up to my shoulder, touching the wound lightly.

"Five." I showed him the blood on my fingers and his eyes widened slightly, before he put his hands either side of my face.

"I'll be right back for you." He muttered and I nodded, before he let go and stayed low as he ran off. I managed to look up at the shooters, seeing two hauntingly familiar masks.
I raised my hand and knocked a each of clothing into Cha Cha, causing her to shoot at nothing as I ducked back down. I put pressure on my shoulder, causing an unintentional groan to slip past my lips as pain shot down my arm.
Five came back a few minutes later and looked at me carefully.
"We need to get out of here, can you walk, or preferably, run?" Five asked quietly.

"Yeah, they shot me in the shoulder not the legs." I bitched and Five wrapped an arm around me, before we made a run for the exit, getting Hazel's attention. He began shooting at us and I deflected a few of the bullets as we ran.
Five stopped and grunted and I looked at him, thinking he got hit.

"Shit! Come on." He growled, before looking at me.
"I'm exhausted, I can't jump." They we're closing in on us and I pulled him behind a display.

"Got 'em." Cha Cha said and we both looked back, seeing both masked assassins aiming their weapons at us. If they both started shooting at us, I wouldn't be able to hold off the bullets, not with only one hand.
Sirens caught their attention and as they turned their heads, Five pulled me behind a display, one of his arms around my waist, his free hand over my mouth.

"Bastards jumped again." I heard Hazel say and I squeezed my eyes shut, leaning my head forward and against Five's.

"Come on, lets go." Cha Cha ordered and Five let out a shaky breath, dropping his hand from my mouth and hugging me.

"That was too close, Five." I whispered.

"We need to get back to the academy." Five said softly and I nodded my head. He helped me to my feet and we went out the back, the same way Hazel and Cha Cha has gone, but they didn't stick around. We walked back to the academy in silence, earning strange looks from the few people we passed.
By the time we made it back to the academy, I was struggling to stay on my feet thanks to the blood loss and Five was practically holding me up.
"Come on, Delores, just a few more steps, don't pass out on me now."

"You're an asshole." I laughed weakly, giving him a tired smile and he nodded his head. We made it up the stairs, before we ran into Allison and Luther.

"Five? Y/N?" Allison asked and I winced slightly.
"What the Hell happened to you two?"

"Long story." I muttered, moving my hand from my shoulder and looking at my husband. I had dealt with worse than a bullet to the shoulder, a lot worse, but it didn't matter how many times you endured it, blood loss was a bitch.

"That's a lot of blood." Allison muttered.

"Are you okay? Can we help?" Luther asked, moving his hand towards me, but Five grabbed his wrist.

"There's nothing you can do." Five said lowly.
"There's nothing any of you can do."