24

I originally was only going to write this to the end of season 1, but I loved season 2 too much to leave it out

Y/N's P.O.V.

I fell to the ground and groaned, my entire body aching. I couldn't even remember the last time I was hurt that bad. Hearing a thud next to me, I looked at Five, who was also on the ground.

"Y/N?" He struggled to his feet, before helping me up.
"You don't look so good. How bad is it?"

"Nothing rest and painkillers can't fix." I muttered and we held onto each other as the portal closed.
"Shit. Where are the others?" I looked at him and he shook his head, just as clueless as me.
Gunshots caught both of our attention and Five took my hand, pulling me out of the alley. Soldiers were everywhere, corpses littering the street.
Five groaned as planes flew overhead. He pulled me over to a newspaper and we ducked to the ground.

"Soviets attack US?" He read aloud and looked at me.
"No, this can't be right." We looked around in confusion, voices overlapping as bullets were fired. We got up again, looking around at the war surrounding us.

"Hey kids, get down!" Someone yelled, before shooting someone else and I looked around in horror.

"What the Hell did we do now?" Five muttered before the tank fired a missile and we were knocked to the ground.
We pulled ourselves up again, looking at the members of the Umbrella Academy as they fought off the soldiers, all of them dressed in black.
Even Ben, although still a ghost, was using his tentacles to throw and kill soldiers.
Allison blew up some soldiers heads and I watched as Diego dodged at least two dozen bullets and killed the men that shot at him.

"Five! Y/N! You sick sons of bitches! Where the Hell have you two been?" Diego yelled and Five stepped forward, only to get stopped by a hand on his shoulder. We both looked at an aged Hazel in surprise.

"If you want to live, come with me." He said seriously and Five stepped back.

"What about my family?" Five asked.

"There's no time to explain." Hazel pointed up to the sky where rockets were coming towards us.
"Those are nukes, old-timer."

"What about my family?" Five repeated.

"Can't save them if you're dead." Hazel had a point. Five looked at me and I nodded, before he shook Hazel's hand and sent us through time again.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" I asked, leaning on the bench in front of us.

"The end of the world November 25th, 1963." Hazel muttered.

"'63..." Five muttered and I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."

"No shit." Hazel deadpanned.

"What about my family?" Five asked once more.

"Dead, like everyone else." Hazel explained.

"And where are we now?" I looked around.

"Dallas, same street. 10 days earlier." Hazel moved to sit on the bench.
"Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them."

"So where do we start?" I asked and sat with him on the bench.

"We? You two are on your own. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes." Hazel looked down slightly.

"Is she...?" Five asked softly.

"Dead?" Hazel looked at us.

"Yeah." Five added insensitively.

"Cancer." Hazel muttered and my heart broke for him.
"Took her quick. We had 20 good years together, I guess forever just wasn't in the cards."

"I'm so sorry, Hazel." I replied honestly.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." Five added.
"What about the Commission?"

"I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe 'em the fuzz off my peaches." Five nodded his head and I looked at the three silver haired men walking towards us.

"Then who the hell are these guys?" I stood up and so did Five, just as the men pulled out guns. Hazel threw the briefcase at Five.

"Run!" They began shooting and Five fell into me, teleporting us behind a car. People screamed and the briefcase crackled.

"How many times did I say Bulletproof briefcases?" Five muttered and I looked behind the car as the men began shooting at us. Five got us to the roof and I took deep breaths.
"You okay?"

"No, but I'm not hit, you?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Yeah, me too." I pulled myself up, before holding my hand out to Five and helping him up.