17

Y/N's P.O.V.

I watched in amusement as Klaus tried to untangle the wool on his stomach, pouting the whole time.
We had been hanging out together for the past few hours, talking about our time at war, comforting each other and just keeping each other company.
When Five needed to think things through, he needed to be left alone. I didn't want to interrupt him and Klaus was surprisingly pretty good company.
Footsteps moved towards the door and there was a soft knock, before Five let himself in.

"Get up, both of you, we're going." Five looked at us and I raised an eyebrow.

"Where?" Klaus muttered.

"To save the world." Five shrugged and I jumped off the bed.

"Oh, is that all? Great." Klaus rolled out of bed and began getting dressed again, he was complaining about the heat not too long ago and deciding stripping was his best choice.

"So Pogo said dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?" Five asked and I nodded as Klaus gave a more verbal answer.
"I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but dad, he cant time travel. So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"

"Well, you know-"

"Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical." Five deadpanned.
"Truth is, our whole lives he's been telling us we'd have to save the world from an impending apocalypse."

"Yeah, but I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes." I laughed a little and Five threw up his arms.

"Me too! But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?" Five questioned.

"Yeah, but how?" I looked at him and he shook his head.

"No idea. But the fact remains that his plan worked, we all came home. Since we're here we might as well save the world."

"Yeah? Like the three of us?" Klaus asked excitedly as we left the room.

"Ideally no, but... I gotta work with what I've got." Five sighed and I scoffed.
"You know what I mean, shut up." Diego ran down the hallway and into his room.
"Where have you been?"

"Jail." I exchanged a look with Five as Klaus laughed a little.
"Long story, where's Luther?"

"Haven't seen him since breakfast." I shrugged.

"Yeah, two days until the world ends and he picks a great time to drop off the grid." Klaus mumbled.

"Shit." Diego swore.
"Allison is in danger."

~

"Look." Klaus pointed at Luther as we entered the bar.
"Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hmm?"

"Leave me alone." Luther mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Give us a minute." Diego sat down and Five pulled a face.

"Come on, maybe they'll brood each other to death." Klaus pulled us over to a table by the door. They spoke for a few minutes and Klaus tapped his wrist impatiently and I was impressed he was taking this so seriously.

"You should have led with that! Jesus Christ." Luther jumped out of his seat and ran towards the door, all of us following him to the car. I sat between Klaus and Five as Five drove the car, Diego and Luther taking up the majority of the space in the back.
We had been driving for long enough for all of us to be uncomfortable, when Luther began asking questions.

"Hey. Can you go any faster?" He asked, leaning forward.

"Ask me again and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter." Five warned, already breaking the speed limit.
Luther sat back in his seat and it wasn't long before we were stopping outside of the cabin. We all got out of the car and Luther ran ahead, kicking the door in. Klaus and Five followed closely behind, but I stopped Diego.

"I need a knife." I muttered and he narrowed his eyes at me.
"Jenkins might be here and I'm not taking any chances." He nodded and handed me a blade as we headed inside. Luther was by Allison's side, blood dripping from her throat and surrounding her.

"Allison, please, look at me." Luther sobbed and I looked at Five, who was glaring at the ground.
There was a lot of blood, but she wasn't choking on it and she couldn't have been there long.

"Put pressure on it." My voice was quieter than I was expecting.
"She's bleeding out, but she's not dead. Not yet. She might live if you make it back to a hospital."

"The academy is closer." Five muttered and I nodded.

"Go, now." Luther picked her up and they all moved to the door. Five and Klaus looked at me, but I hadn't moved.

"Y/N, lets go." Klaus looked at me and I shook my head.

"No, get Allison to the academy, I'm going to stay here, see what I can find. Maybe Jenkins will come back and I can end this." I looked at the knife in my hand.

"Then I'm staying too." Five looked at me and I shook my head.

"You can't, they need you." The car honked from outside.

"Five, go. I'll stay with Y/N." Klaus said, surprising me.
"She's right, they need you. I'll just get in the way." Five hesitated, before nodding his head. The car honked again and Five disappeared.