13

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Is that blood?" I muttered, looking at the red footprints that led to Klaus's room and Five narrowed his eyes, going over to the door. I followed the footprints, seeing they led to the bathtub that had a concerning amount of blood on it.
Five knocked on the door and I moved back next to him, looking at Klaus, genuinely concerned.

"You okay?" Five asked softly and Klaus looked up at us momentarily.

"Hey, I- just... long night." Klaus muttered.

"More than one from the looks of it." Five chuckled and I glared at him, silently telling him to shut up. Klaus stood up and pulled on his tee, my attention on the metal around his neck.

"I don't remember the dog tags." I smiled at him slightly.

"Yeah, they belonged to a friend." Klaus muttered dismissively and there was a look in his eyes that very few people had. one that I recognised.

"How bout that new tattoo?" Five questioned.

"You know, I don't totally even remember getting it." Klaus scoffed, but I knew he was lying.
"Like I said, it was a long night."

"You did it didn't you?" Five smirked and I wrapped my arms around myself.

"What are you talking about?" Klaus mumbled.

"You know, I can recognise the symptoms, Klaus." Five sighed.
"The jet lag, full body itch, the headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. You gonna tell me about it?"

"Your pals, when they broke into the house and couldn't find either of you, they took me hostage instead." Klaus said weakly.

"And in return, you stole their briefcase?" I asked and Klaus nodded.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know. Whatever. And then I opened it."

"And the next thing you knew you were... where? Or should I say when?" Five asked with a chuckle.

"What difference does it make?" Klaus mumbled.

"What- Okay, how long were you gone?" Five asked, pacing.

"Almost a year." Klaus deadpanned.

"A year?" I asked carefully and he nodded.
"Do you know what this means?"

"Yeah, I'm 10 months older now." Klaus giggled.

"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?" Five looked around.

"Gone. I destroyed it." Klaus looked down and I sighed.
"Poof."

"What the Hell were you thinking?" Five groaned.

"What do you care?" Klaus yelled.

"What do I care? I needed it, you moron, so I could get us back. We could start over." Klaus stood up and walked past him.
"Where are you going?"

"Interrogation is over, just... leave." Klaus walked away and Five groned.

~

"Oh, okay, I think I've got something, Delores." Five muttered and I looked up from Vanya's book, the copy Five has been writing in all these years.
"It's tenuous, but promising."

"What is all of this?" Luther asked, letting himself in. I was sat in the window ledge, actually pretty comfortable.

"It's a probability map." Five stepped back on the bed.

"Probability of what?" Luther asked.

"Of who's death could save the world." Five replied shortly and I looked back down at the book.
"I've narrowed it down to four."

"Are you saying one of those four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asked.

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it." Five sighed.

"Oh." Five continued to work and Luther stood there awkwardly.
"I'm not following."

"Time is fickle, Luther." I muttered, not even looking at him.
"The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect."

"Exactly. So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they may be, then kill them." Five explained, jumping off the bed and going to the desk.
"Delores-"

"Here." I lifted the book and passed it to Five, whilst Luther moved to look at what Five was writing.

"Milton Greene. So what's he? A terrorist or something?" Luther questioned and I closed my eyes.

"I believe he is a gardener." I muttered.

"You can't be serious." Luther sounded shocked.
"Wait, this is madness, Five. What... Where did you get that?"

"In dad's room." I didn't have to open my eyes to know they were talking about the gun.
"I think he used it to shoot a rhinoceros. It's similar to the model I used at work." Five sighed and I heard the familiar click of the gun.
"Nice shoulder fit and highly reliable."

"But you can't- this guy, Milton, is just an innocent man." Luther defended.

"It's basic math. His death could potentially save the lives of billions. If I did nothing he'd be dead in 4 days anyway. The apocalypse won't spare anyone."

"We don't do this kind of thing." Luther whispered.

"We are not doing anything. Y/N and I are." Five argued and I was going to step in, but I knew Luther wouldn't listen to me.

"I can't go and let you kill innocent people." Luther scoffed.
"No matter how many lives you save."

"Well, good luck stopping me." Five replied cockily. I opened my eyes as a hand wrapped around my throat and another around my wrists, pushing me back.

"You're not going anywhere." Luther said and I struggled to breathe from his right grip on my throat. If I fell, I would land on the fire escape, but if he pushed me, I could go right over and die.
I couldn't move my hands either, leaving me practically powerless.
Five aimed the gun at him as I choked, kicking at Luther, but it was pointless.

"Put... Her... Down." Five warned and I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Put the gun down, you're not killing anyone today." Luther replied calmly.
"I know she's important to you, so don't make me do this." Five scoffed at his brother and tears built up in my eyes as my lungs and throat burned.
"It's her or the gun. You decide." Luther three me back suddenly and Five's arms were around me before I went over the edge. He dragged me over to the bed and pulled me into his chest. I put my head on his shoulder, taking short painful breaths.
"I can do this all day. I know you're still a good person, Five. Otherwise you wouldn't have risked everything, coming back here to save us all."

"There is one way, but it is just about impossible." Five muttered.

"More impossible than what brought you back here?"