48

Y/N's P.O.V.

We made it to the farm in once piece, but we were all confused to see the electrical snowstorm over the barn. I had never seen anything like it. Five and I exchanged a confused look as we got out of the car, Vanya taking the lead, before a woman with a gun came out of the barn.

"Get back!" The woman yelled, cocking the shotgun.

"Sissy!" Vanya yelled.

"All of you, just get the Hell back!" Sissy warned and I looked at Vanya carefully. The woman was clearly scared and scared people were unpredictable.

"Hey! Hey, what's wrong?" Vanya asked, holding her hands up.

"Carl." Sissy replied.

"What did he do to you?" Vanya asked carefully

"He's..." Sissy shook her head.
"He's dead." Vanya relaxed slightly, standing up straight.
"Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him?"

"No." Vanya shook her head slowly.

"Vanya, what the Hell did you do to my son?" Sissy asked and Diego sighed, stepping forward.

"Vanya, we don't have time for this." He walked towards the barn and Sissy aimed the gun at him.

"Where'd you think you're going?" Sissy asked and I grabbed Diego's arm, pulling him back a little.

"To help your son." Diego tried and I looked at him.

"Vanya can handle it." I said quietly and he hesitated, before nodding.

"Look, Sissy, I found my family. These are my brothers, my sister and... my sister-in-law." Vanya looked at us and I nodded my head at her slightly. Sissy looked at the bunch of us and Luther waved awkwardly.

"Ma'am." Luther nodded politely and Five shook his head, but I saw the small smile on his face.

"Were you lyin' to me the whole time?" Sissy asked shakily.

"Of course not. Look, I didn't know who I was, but I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president, we are not terrorists, we are not here to hurt anyone." Vanya explained and Sissy looked unsure.

"Then... who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan." Fine nudged me slightly, looking up at the top of the barn as the storm grew bigger. Sissy nodded weakly and Vanya ran forward, all of us following.
She pulled the barn door open and none of us were expecting to find the boy levitating in the centre of the barn.
"Harlan! Harlan, it's Vanya!" Vanya yelled as we stood around the boy, careful of the energy surrounding him. He whimpered and gasped and I looked at Five, feeling helpless.
"Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you. I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

"Careful." Five warned as Vanya stepped towards him, her power protecting her from the energy.

"Uh, Y/N?" Klaus asked, pulling me over to the other barn door.
Two figures stood on the other end of the field.

"Guys?" I called, not taking my eyes off the Handler or Lila.

"Ah, shit." Diego muttered and Five took my hand in his.

"One's the Handler, the other is Diego's girlfriend." Five explained poorly.

"Lila. My ex-girlfriend." Diego corrected.

"It's probably for the best." I muttered.
"My sister's relationships rarely end pretty."

"What?" Luther looked at me, but I ignored him.
"You know what, doesn't matter. They both look angry."

"I'm pretty sure angry is both of their main personality traits." I added

"Well, I'm going to go and see what they want. You guys stay here with Vanya and the kid." Five stated, walking away from me.

"Hey, I'm coming too." Diego sighed.

"Me too." Five looked at me carefully.

"Y/N, I need you to stay here." Five mumbled and I opened my mouth to protest, but he beat me to it.
"I don't know why they're here, but I need you to keep everyone safe, okay?"

"They're here for the kid." I sighed.
"They must be. The Handler is only interested in power-"

"Then don't let them get him." Five said seriously and I nodded my head, before Five kissed my cheek and walked out of the barn with Diego.

"Y/N?" Luther looked at me.
"Tell us what to do."

"What?" I asked in shock.

"You're asking the kid for orders?" Sissy looked unsure and the three of them nodded.

"Right..." I sighed. Of course the time they chose to listen to me is the time I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.
"Vanya and I have Harlan covered. If they're here for anyone it's him. You three get outside, I doubt the Handler and Lila came alone."

"You're the boss." Klaus muttered as they left the barn. Vanya was still trying to get through to Harlan.

"What... What should I do?" Sissy asked carefully and I gave her a small smile.

"Stay down." I looked out of the barn, taking a deep breath. Just a few seconds later, thousands of Commission assassins, more than likely every one they had, appeared behind the Handler.
"Shit." The Handler pulled out a red cloth, just as Five and Diego began to run, the assassins charging after them.
"Vanya, you need to calm him down, now!" I yelled at her and she looked at me hesitantly.

"Harlan, I need you to listen to my voice!" The boy looked at her and I looked at Sissy.
"Yes! Listen to my voice! Harlan, you're okay. You're gonna be okay!" Harlan lowered to the ground as he stopped shaking and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
The energy around them faded and I stepped forward, just as bullets penetrated the barn, Harlan and Vanya flying back from each other suddenly. I closed my eyes and raised my arms up to protect myself from the blast, but I was unaffected. I opened my eyes, seeing a transparent bubble with a slightly green tint to it, surrounding me.

"That's new." I muttered, lowering my arms and going over to where Harlan fell. I let myself drop down under the barn, seeing the boy with his eyes closed on the floor.
"Harlan?" I asked carefully, moving over to him.
"Harlan, can you hear me?" I asked carefully and his eyes opened. He sat up and tried to shuffle back, but I held my hands up, showing him I wasn't going to hurt him.
"I'm Vanya's friend. I'm going to protect you, okay?" He nodded his head and I smiled at him.

"Harlan!" Sissy yelled from upstairs.

"I've got him! Check on Vanya!" I called up and held my hand out for Harlan. He took it carefully and I pulled him into a corner, sitting him down carefully. I put my finger to my lips and he nodded as I went over to the window, seeing Vanya flying away from the barn, seconds before she wiped out the whole army. The light was painfully bright, but in the aftermath, a blue bubble glowed. A blue bubble that kept the Handler and Lila safe from Vanya's blast.
The bubble vanished and Lila began to glow, just like Vanya did and I groaned in annoyance.
Of course she had powers.