38

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey. Where have you been?" I asked as I got up off Elliott's couch.

"Your mom is alive." Five muttered and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Firstly, don't call her that. That bitch is not my mother. Secondly, what the Hell did she want?" I asked and he sighed.

"She offered me- us a job." I rolled my eyes.
"If we complete it, there's no doomsday in 1963 or 2019 and we all have safe passage back to 2019."

"That must be one Hell of a job." I sighed and he nodded.
"Who's the target?"

"Targets, plural." Five muttered.
"The Commission board of Directors."

"She wants complete control over the Commission." I muttered and Five nodded.
"You can't be considering that, Five. Do you know how dangerous she'd be with that much power?"

"I told her I need time to think it over. It's a... plan B." He sighed, before pulling out the paper from his pocket.
"We need to look into this, first." He showed me the invitation for dinner with his father and I picked up a matching one from the table.

"Looks like we're all invited." Five nodded his head.
"Are we driving, or-?" Five put his hand on my shoulder and spacial jumped us outside of the building.
"We've talked about you giving me a little warning before you do that." I glared at him and his stupidly cute smirk.

"Yeah, but it's very amusing when you're mad." He winked and looked down at the invitation, before we walked inside. We got into the elevator and Five hesitated before pressing the button and the doors began to close, before they were stopped by Diego in a particularly bright shirt.

"Wait up." He smiled and got in next to us, before Allison rushed in.

"Hold it." She sighed, followed by Klaus and Vanya.

"Hey everyone." Klaus grinned and Luther came in, causing Five to sigh.

"Good. We're all here." I looked at Five, seeing a smile on his face and he took my hand in his as the doors closed. About halfway up, Luther farted in the small space and we all had to cover our noses to protect ourselves from the smell.
"Luther!"

"Sorry, I'm nervous." He muttered awkwardly and when the doors opened, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

"Nasty! I'm choking." Five groaned and I was thankful just to breathe clean air.
"All right, when dad gets here, Y/N and I will do all the talking."

"I have a few questions, myself." Diego muttered and I knew this wasn't going to end well.

"We don't want to scare him off. He might be able to help us stop doomsday. Get us home." I spoke clearly, looking at Diego.

"No, we need to figure out why he's planning to kill the president." Diego looked at us all.

"This is a matter of life and death, you imbecile." Five glared at his brother as we spread out around the room.

"Okay, maybe we should take turns talking, yeah?" Vanya suggested, before picking something up.
"Here, whoever has got this conch shell gets to talk."

"Okay Lord of The Flies, have fun explaining why you're passing around a, probably very expensive, piece of decor." I muttered and Five snickered.

"Vanya, we don't have time for this debate." Five added, although he seemed rather amused at the suggestion. Allison took the shell from her sister.

"Maybe I should lead. We all know I'm a better public speaker than the rest of you." She smiled.

"Okay, daddy's girl." Diego teased.

"Oh, jealous Number Two?" Allison held up the conch and Diego actually looked offended.

"Hey, no more numbers. No more bullshit, we're team Zero." Diego walked towards her. Was anyone going to tell him Zero was a number too?
"We're all team Zero."

"Diego you don't have the conch." Luther pointed out with a smirk.

"No more numbers..." I looked at Five and shrugged.
"I'm afraid your name is no longer Number Five, but dickhead. Sorry for any inconveniences." I smiled innocently and Five rolled his eyes.

"Don't encourage them, Delores." Five sighed as Diego took the conch and threw it at the wall.

"Classic." Allison sighed and the doors swung open as Reginald Hargreeves himself walked in and sat down at the far end of the table. We all exchanged looks, before sitting down and Five gripped my hand tightly under the table. He was nervous.