44

Y/N's P.O.V.

We entered the bar behind Luther and my eyes immediately fell onto mine and Five's past selves.

"Well, there we are." Five sighed, looking at the couple at the bar. I looked down at the briefcase next to the old Five, before sighing.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Luther asked me and I sighed.

"Do you want to run at two highly trained killers and steal the thing they're ordered to protect?" I asked, smirking.

"Y/N is right, we would never let that happen. We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives." Luther nodded his head in understanding.
"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky. We're endangering our own existences just being in the same room as ourselves."

"What do you mean?" Luther asked in confusion.

"Try to keep up, buddy." I sighed.
"If the old Five and Y/N don't travel back to 2019, like they're supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. We cease to exist. You got me?"

"I... get you?" Luther mumbled and I itched my arm slightly.

"So, our best chance is to talk with them, to reason with them. They'll understand. Trust me." I narrowed my eyes at my old self as she spoke to past Five.
"I know Y/N better than she thinks and I know myself better than, well, you know." Five itched his neck and Luther pointed at him.

"You just itched your neck and just a minute ago Y/N itched her arm. That's stage two of paradox psychosis."

"No, I didn't." Five and I spoke in unison, glaring at him.

"Denial is stage one." Luther reminded.

"I am fine. We both are, okay?" Five hissed.
"Let's stay on task, shall we?" I stepped forward and Luther put his hand out, stopping me.

"Wait."

"What?" I snapped at him and he sighed.

"Maybe I should go first? You don't want to freak them out. Bumping into your own tiny doppelgängers? They will lose their shit." Luther looked at us and I hated to admit he was right.
"Just let me break the ice, okay?"

"Okay." Five muttered and I nodded as Luther walked over to them. Five slapped my hand away from my neck, which I was itching without even realising it.

"Five. Y/N." Luther walked up to the pair at the bar.

"What'd you just call us, big man?" Old Five asked carefully and old me just narrowed her eyes at him.

"It's me. Number One?" Luther bent down slightly and Five took my hand.

"Luther?" Old me looked at Old Five uncertainly.
"How did you...?" Old me grabbed the briefcase and I sighed.

"It's okay. Everything is fine. I can explain, but first, I need to introduce you to two people. Just promise me you won't freak out?" Luther asked softly.

"What the Hell are you talking about?" Old me asked and I rolled my eyes. There was no need to be rude.

"Uh! Don't freak out. No freak outs. All right." Luther tapped the bar and we took that as the signal to come into view. Old Five and Old me looked shocked and slightly scared.

"Hey there, strangers." Five muttered and I smiled weakly.

"I'll grab us a table." Luther walked off and Five sighed.

"This is stupid and reckless." Old me stated.

"Yeah, we know, Delores, but we ran out of options." Five muttered and both Old Five and I glared at him.

"Don't call her that." Old Five warned and I rolled my eyes.

"We need to talk. Get us whatever you're drinking and meet us at the table." I grabbed Five's arm and pulled him over to the table Luther was sat at.

"So?" The giant asked.

"They've agreed to give us the briefcase." I said as we sat down.

"Really?" Luther grinned.

"No." Five deadpanned.
"Y/N got jealous of herself and made us come and sit down."

"I did not." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Denial, stage one." Five narrowed his eyes at me, before scratching his shoulder.

"Itching, stage two." I shot back and he glared at me.
Our past selves came over with our drinks and even one for Luther, before taking their seats.
Five took a drink of the beer in front of him, but I kept my eyes on my old self.
We stayed silent for a few minutes, carefully looking at each other, before Luther sighed.

"This is nice, isn't it?" He asked, smiling a little.
"The five of us, together like this."

"No." Old me and I spoke together, before I took a drink of the wine in front of me.

"Somebody explain to me how it is I'm having a pint of Guinness with my younger self, whilst my wife drinks wine with her own younger self." Old Five mumbled.

"Older, actually. I'm you, just 14 days older." Five looked at his old self.

"And I'm you, but 6 1/2 months older." I narrowed my eyes at Old me.

"I have pubic hair smarter than you." Old Five mocked.

"How is that possible?" Old me asked, ignoring her husband.

"I can explain." Five glanced at me.
"You see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you break your contracts with the Commission. I already know you're thinking about it... all those years in the apocalypse, we never stopped worrying about our family. Well, today, you are going to do something about it. Today you are going to attempt to time travel forward to 2019. However you are going to screw up the jump and end up in this twerp of a body. Trapped forever. Small. Pubescent."

"Not to mention, the vortex you create isn't big enough for the two of you to both go through, so you leave without your wife, before she gets captured by the Commission. She'll go though 6 months of torture and Hell, before she can escape and make it to 2019, just minutes after you. Except she's going to make the same mistake too and, well, I'm sure you get the idea." I explained.

"You're wrong." Old Five looked at me.
"I'd never leave her behind." Old me put my hand over his and I scoffed.

"Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision to make." Five spoke lowly.
"It was probably the most difficult decision of my life and I regretted every second of it since."

"Okay." Old Five farted and Luther pulled a face.
"Even if I was to believe you, what am I supposed to do about it? Not jump?"

"No, no. I need you to jump. If you don't jump, I cease to exist." Five explained.
"What I need you to do, is jump correctly."

"We're listening." Old Five sat forward slightly.

"The first time through, I got the calculation wrong. That's how we ended up in these bodies."

"I told you." Old me looked at her husband.
"I told you they looked wrong."

"But now, I know the correct calculation." Five continued.

"What is it?" Old Five asked desperately.

"I'll be glad to tell you... in exchange for that briefcase you're holding under the table." Five smirked a little.