20

Y/N's P.O.V.

I just wanted to go for a walk. Clear my head a little.
What Hazel had said got me thinking. If the Handler had never found me... my dad would still be alive.
A lot had happened in the past few days and although I was grateful that we stopped the apocalypse, I needed to process it.
I wasn't expecting to see the Handler so soon.

"You look well, Y/N. A lot better than the last time I saw you." She smirked and I eyed the scarring on her face as she sat next to me on the bench. I looked back at the headstone in front of me, my father's name and death date inscribed on it.
Everything around us seemed to stop and I knew she had total control over the situation.

"Five really did some damage with that grenade, huh?" I smirked and she glared a little.

"Don't talk to me like that." She snapped and I raised an eyebrow.
"I should never have partnered you with that little shit. You were a good soldier, a loyal one, before he came along."

"We both know I stopped being your loyal little pet long before Five came along." She looked at her gloved hand with a sigh.

"What do you get from working for him, Y/N? You don't get any of the privileges of your old job and he isn't exactly the politest man on the earth."

"For him? I don't work for him." I scoffed.
"I don't work for anyone. I work with him."

"What's the difference?" She smirked.

"The difference is..." I sat forward and looked at her.
"I'm not his partner or his employee, I'm his wife." Her smirk fell and was replaced by a look of shock.
"Sorry, we would have invited you to the wedding, but you enforced that whole policy about not dating your coworkers and filing for divorce the day after we got married seemed a little hectic."

"How long?" She muttered and I sighed.

"Well, it took a few months for us to build up a mutual trust for each other. Trust turned into friendship and, well, it evolved from there, but we've only really been married for almost 2 years? Just over a year for Five, that 6 months of torture you gave me really messed up our timelines." I explained.

"Well, I guess manipulating you into kill him is out of the question?" She tried and I rolled my eyes. The Handler put her fingers under my chin and made me look at her.
"Fine. You don't have to kill him, just leave him. Come back with me and you can be my right hand, next to Lila of course. She's still mad at you, but you two aren't that different. You'll work it out."

"Don't touch me." I warned, hitting her hand away.
"I'm not coming with you, I never will go with you, not again. And if Lila knows what's good for her, she'll leave you too." I stood up and tried to walk away, but a gun was fired and I froze in my spot.

"This is your last chance, Y/N. Walk away now and that's it." She said carefully and I dropped the bullet I had managed to stop before it hit me. She was too predictable, I knew she was going to attempt to shoot me before I stood up.
I continued to walk away, heading back to the academy. I was almost there when I heard the rumbling and shattering. My walk turned into a run and I turned a corner, running into Five. Both of us fell down and groaned.

"Delores? What... We have to go." Five got up, before helping me up. He didn't explain he just grabbed my hand and continued running towards the academy
We turned the last corner and Five stopped, looking at the crumbled building in shock.

"Five." I muttered, picking up a paper from the newspaper rack, before handing it to him and his eyes widened as we continued to run. It was the same newspaper cover he had saved during his time in the apocalypse, he had shown it to me years ago, but I still recognised it.

"Guys!" Five yelled as we approached the umbrella academy, all of them, except Vanya, stood amongst the debris.
"This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today."

"I thought you said it was over?" Luther stepped forward.

"I was wrong, okay?" Five let go of my hand, holding up the paper for them all to see.
"This newspaper, I found it in the future, on the day I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed."

"No. That doesn't mean anything." Diego shook his head and I looked around the wreck. I had no idea what caused this, but I had never seen anything like it.
"Time could have been altered since that newspaper came out this morning."

"You're not listening to me! When I found it, I assumed this place came down with everything else." Five looked at me desperately, silently asking me to help him out.

"Look around us. The moon is still shining and the earth is in one piece, but not the academy." Klaus moved forward and snatched the paper.

"I'm confused."

"Then listen to us, you idiot. Vanya destroys the academy, before the apocalypse." Hang on, Vanya did all of this? I thought she was powerless?
"I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was just the fuse. Vanya is the bomb."

"Vanya causes the apocalypse..." I whispered and Five nodded his head. Helicopter blades whirled above us and we all looked up.
"We have to get out of here."

"We have to find her." Luther muttered.

"We gotta go, now." Diego stood up and sirens got closer.
"Regroup at the Super Star. Go!" Five grabbed my hand and teleported us away.