50

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Why?" Lila whispered and the door opened as the rest of the Umbrella Academy came in.

"Because you're one of us." Diego spoke.
"The Handler stoke you, Lila. She stole Y/N. Just like our asshole father took all of us."

"No. It's not the same thing." Lila's voice shook.

"You're right. Our father didn't have our parents murdered." Diego muttered, moving closer to her.
"Listen to me, Lila. You were born October 1st, 1989, same day as the rest of us."

"Stay back!" Lila yelled when he got too close an the others surrounded her.

"Hey, Lila. Stop, okay?" Diego raised his hands.

"I trusted you! I got you a job and introduced you to my mother and you took off on me!" Lila yelled at him.

"Because I needed to save the world!" Diego retaliated.
"Y/N is right. She's using you, Lila. The Handler."

"You're wrong. She raised me. She loves me." I looked down at the ground and Five wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Yeah, you know what?" Luther spoke up.
"Love shouldn't have to hurt this much." Lila looked at him momentarily, before fake gagging. Allison barely held back her laugh.
"Alright, I tried."

"He's right. We have to kill her." Five muttered, taking the knife from my hand.

"Five, no." He let go of me and I stepped in between them.
"I can't let you do that."

"Delores..." Five warned.

"Five, I got it." I spoke quietly and Five stepped back, letting me relax a little.
"Truth?" I turned to look at Lila, reaching out and putting my hand over the blade she was holding.
"She's dangerous. And you're scared of what she's going to do with all that power. That's why you took Diego to the Commission and that's why you're listening to me now. Because you know I'm right."

"How did you know exactly what I was going to say?" Diego mumbled.
"Lila. You dragged me to the Commission because I know what it's like to love dangerous people." Diego paused, looking around.
"Difference is, they love me back."

"Shut up." Lila glared at him, turning her back to me and Five took my arm, pulling me back into his side.

"The only thing she loves is power. Now, the minute she can't use you she's going to turn on you and deep down, I know you know that." Lila pointed the knife at his chest.

"You don't know me, Diego." Lila shook her head and he moved closer, but she didn't cut him.

"Don't I?" He mumbled as Five and I leaned into each other.
"I know that we can be your family... if you just let us?" I slumped to the ground as Five disappeared suddenly. He snatched the gun from the Handler before she could even step into the barn properly, aiming the weapon at her. She raised her hands and I pulled myself off the ground, grabbing my discarded knife. I moved over to Five's side and adjusted my hold on the knife.

"It's true, isn't it? What Five and Y/N said?" Lila asked the woman, who smirked a little.
"Answer me! Is it true?" The Handler didn't get a chance to answer as the last living Swede triplet filled her body with led bullets.

"The case!" Luther yelled as Lila ran for the briefcase, but Diego tackled him to the ground, letting Lila escape. Before she did, however, my little sister looked at me with sad eyes and I nodded my head, silently telling her to go.
Five cocked the gun, aiming at the Swede, but I pushed it down and Five dropped it to the ground.

"Enough." I spoke and the Swede looked around slowly, before dropping his weapon.
He repeated the word in Swedish and Five sighed as he walked away.

"I did it." Five whispered, looking at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? Spacial jumped across the room and let me fall to the floor? Thanks for that by the way." I smiled slightly, letting him know I was joking.
"Or perhaps-"

"I time travelled." He muttered and I looked at him confusion.
"Seconds not decades. Just like dad said."

"Who the Hell was that guy?" Klaus asked and I shook my head.

"Vanya! Help!" Sissy yelled and we all hurried downstairs, seeing Harlan, exactly where I left him, in the corner, except energy surrounded him once more.
Vanya climbed into the little bubble and took the power from him, leaving a proud feeling in my chest.
"Oh, baby." Sissy hugged her son and Vanya looked back at us. We all smiled at her and she smiled back.

"You two." Diego looked at us, before gesturing to go outside. We followed him and he sighed heavily.
"That's a lot of dead Commission members."

"Don't worry. The clean up crew will show up eventually." I muttered, shrugging.

"Yeah, if they're not already dead." Five added and I shook my head. Two people appeared in the centre of the field and the three of us walked towards them.
"Herb. Dot." Five greeted, wrapping his arm around me.

"Hi." Dot smiled politely.

"What's up, Herbie?" Diego stepped forward and I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, my man!" Herb grinned as they did a whole ass secret handshake thing.

"All good?" Diego asked.

"I can't believe it." Herb shrugged and honestly, neither could I. Diego was at the Commission for less than a day and he seemed to have made friends.
"Is she...?"

"Really dead this time?" Five asked and I nodded.

"Oh, yeah."

"Now that the Handler has gone, what happens at the Commission?" I asked curiously and Herb hesitated.

"Just tell them." Dot hissed.

"Uh, well, we need to elect a new board of directors, but, until then... I have been voted in as acting chairperson." Herb smiled excitedly.

"Good for you, buddy." I smiled at him.

"No shit. Congrats Herbie, that's huge." Diego congratulated.

"I'm so goddamn nervous." Herb smiled.

"You'll do fine." Five nodded and the man looked a little surprised at his input.
"Herb, we need a favour."

"Sure, anything."

"A briefcase. To get us back home, where we belong." Five glanced back to the house and Dot and Herb turned to face the dead Commission members, most of them holding briefcases.

"Take your pick." Five and Diego walked off to look at the briefcases and I sighed.

"All things considered, I quite like 1963." I muttered and Herb chuckled.
"You'll make a great chairperson, don't worry about it."

"Thanks, Y/N." He smiled and Dot nudged him slightly.
"But, you know, it wasn't just my name brought into it. You and Five... you were both nominated to be members of the new board. You both have the job, if you want it."

"No." I shook my head and looked at Five as he picked up a briefcase.
"We're done with all of this."