40

Y/Ns P.O.V.

"This is it?" I asked, a little surprised as we walked down the street.

"This is it." Five looked at the note the Handler had given him.
"Stay close." I nodded my head and we went into the building that had way too many stuffed animals in it.
"Excuse me?" Five asked the woman at the reception and she jumped.

"Uff da! You snuck up on me there!" She grinned at us
"If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put them out until 3pm."

"I can hardly wait." I smiled and she looked back down to whatever she was doing.

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest soybean society is meeting?" Five asked and she looked us up and down, before smiling.

"Sure do. Muskellunge Banquet Room." She pointed us in the right direction.
"You looking for your parents? They in for the convention?" Something caught Five's eye and he pulled some cash out of his pocket.

"Hey, can I get some change?" He offered her the money.

"Oh, sure. I'll just look in my purse." I tried to see what Five was looking at, but all I saw was an old vending machine.
"Only a nickel and a couple of dimes... oh! You are in luck, mister!" She handed him some coins and he chuckled slightly.

"You know some say the right luck is to die at the right time." Five smiled, before walking off.

"Thanks." I muttered, before following him.
He went straight up to the vending machine and attempted to get out a Fudge Nutter, but it got stuck and I laughed a little. He tried again but nothing happened and I watched in amusement as he got more and more frustrated with the machine. He hit it a few times and even shook it a little. I was tempted to help him out, but it was too funny

"Come on! Stupid mother Fudge Nutter!" I stepped back a little as he shoved into it.
"Fuckin' Fudge Nutter." He kicked the glass and it shattered.

"Five, you okay?" I asked, not finding it too funny anymore.

"Haven't had one of them in years." He muttered, before walking past the cake and taking some of the icing.
I noticed the fire axe on the wall and just next to the vending machine there was a glass case with hunting knives in it.

"I guess we're going a little old school." I sighed, breaking the glass and picking up a silver hunting knife.

"Ready?" Five looked at me and I stopped, stepping back, before taking two of the Fudge Nutters from the vending machine. Five looked mildly amused as I slipped them into his pocket.

"Now I'm ready." We walked forward, towards the conference room, where our next 11 victims were waiting.

"Let's move onto article 17, please." A familiar voice said and I smirked a little.
"You..." AJ looked at us and I smiled.

"Hiya AJ. It's been a while." Five raised the axe a little and I sighed.

"Call security!" AJ ordered standing up and a woman reached for the phone, but Five killed her.
"No..." AJ sunk down and attempted to hide under the desk as Five and I spent the next few seconds brutally murdering the other 9 people.
I grabbed AJ by the collar of his suit and pulled him up from under the table, which Five spacial jumped on top of.
"She sent you, didn't she?"

"Does it really matter now?" Five sighed, both of us covered in blood. I looked at the last guy I had killed and then at the knife in my hand. It was a good knife and I was definitely keeping it.

"Whatever she offered you, I will double it. Triple it!" AJ begged for his life and Five swung the axe over his shoulder as I sat on the table.

"We're not doing this for money, AJ." I sighed.
"And it's not personal either. I actually quite like you. It's just business." Five was tackled off the table, knocking me down too, as the receptionist screeched.

"Get off of me!" Five struggled.

"You're gonna pay for that vending machine, little mister!" She yelled and he elbowed her in the face to get away from her.
Five knocked her out and looked around.

"Shit!" He grabbed a cricket bat off the wall and I went towards the exit, finding Five and AJ by the vending machine. I watched as Five shattered the glass tank that was AJ's head and the fish flopped around on the floor pathetically.

"See, that wasn't too hard, right?" I smiled and Five chuckled.

"Let's get the fish and get out of here. He can be a little present to the Handler. Whatever she does with him is her business." Five looked down at AJ.

"Honestly, I'd rather just put him out of his misery than force him to be her pet." I frowned and Five disappeared, before returning with a plastic bag of water.

"Throw him in and let's go." Five sighed an I picked up the struggling goldfish by his tail and dropped him in the bag.
"How'd you know him anyway?"

"Before he was promoted, he basically had the same job as the Handler and I'd hang out in his office when I was avoiding her, which was basically on a daily basis." I shrugged.
"We'd watch movies all day instead of doing paperwork or whatever." I looked down at the fish in the bag.
"I almost feel bad for him."

"Don't." Five replied bluntly.
"He's just another mark like everyone else in that room was. You shouldn't feel anything towards them. Let's go." Five began to walk away and I linked my arm with his.

"Five?" He hummed.
"Are you seriously jealous of AJ right now?" He didn't reply, but his jaw clenched and I kissed his cheek.
"You don't need to be jealous, dumbass. He's a fish. You're my husband."

"And your my wife, yet you're still jealous of the Handler." I narrowed my eyes at him, causing him to smirk.
"Don't be. If I shouldn't be jealous of him, you shouldn't be jealous of her."