18

Y/N's P.O.V.

I drove Klaus and I back to the academy after finding almost nothing at the cabin. We hotwired Allison's car and the only good thing that happened was I witnessed Klaus get punched in the face by a ghost.
Now Klaus was sober and I was pissed I didn't get to kill the guy causing way too much trouble for my liking.

"How is she?" Klaus asked Diego as soon as we walked in and Five came over and hugged me. The hug lasted longer than just a few seconds and it worried me.

"Is she...?" I asked carefully.

"Allison will be fine." Five muttered and I nodded.
"You were gone longer than I was expecting and I just assumed the worst."

"I'm fine. We didn't find anything." I sighed and Klaus cleared his throat.

"We kinda did, Y/N." He looked at me.

"Oh, right. We were on our way back and we found the owner of the neighbouring cabin." Five looked a little confused.
"He had been dead for at least 24 hours, probably longer. We called it in anonymously, but it looked like blunt force trauma. The body was poorly hidden under the stairs, it had to have been Jenkins."

"We need to go after Vanya." Diego said and Klaus and I sat down on the couches.

"Vanya is not important." Five paced the room.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless, even for you, Five." Diego sighed and Klaus looked nervous.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, I'm just saying that if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us." Five glared at Diego.

"Five is right. We don't know where Jenkins is or how to find him. We don't have time to play hide and seek with Vanya too." I looked at the knife Diego had given me.
"Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

"I agree. Let's go." Diego stepped towards the door.

"You guys count me out." Klaus muttered.
"I mean, no offence or whatever. I just feel like this is a whole lot of pressure of newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming." Diego replied stubbornly.

"No, no, nah. I think we can all agree my power's... I mean it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back." Klaus shrugged.

"Klaus, get up." Five sighed.

"You can't make me." Klaus pulled a face and Diego threw a knife between his legs.
"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt. Yeah." Klaus got up and I smirked a little.

~

"Not exactly what I was expecting." Klaus mumbled and I frowned.

"Understatement of the year." I sighed.

"No sign of Vanya." Klaus looked around.

"Let's get out of here before the cops show up." Diego moved towards the doorway, Klaus following him.

"In a minute." Five mumbled and I watched as he kneeled next to Jenkins' body, before pulling off the eyepatch and pulling out the prosthetic eyeball from his pocket.

"Come on, Five. What are you..." Diego trailed off and Klaus gasped.

"Same eye colour, same pupil size, guys this is it!" Five grinned and I couldn't believe it.
"The eye I've been carrying around for decades. It found its rightful home." Five pulled the, now bloodied, eyeball out of the corpse.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse." Diego whispered.

"Yay! Let's go." Klaus tried to walk off, but Diego grabbed him.

"Not to kill the mood, but isn't this a little too easy?" I asked and Five sighed.

"Yeah. Look, this is the note that I got from the commission. The one that says protect Harold Jenkins aka Leonard Peabody. But who killed him? Who did this?" Five pointed at the body and Klaus cleared his throat.

"I have a crazy idea. Crazy, but why don't we find Vanya and just ask her what happened?" Klaus suggested and Five blinked the two of us back to the academy.

"Check every room." He looked at me and I nodded. We split up and I opened every door I walked past, before circling back and finding Diego, Klaus and Five by the staircase.
"No sign of Vanya. Y/N?" I shook my head, no and Five sighed.

"She's not in any of the rooms?" Diego asked and Klaus looked at us.

"She's not downstairs either." He mumbled.

"Well, I'm out." Diego patted Klaus' shoulder.

"Wait." Klaus looked at him.

"Where are you going? Vanya is still out there and so are Hazel and Cha Cha." Five explained.

"I know. I'm gonna get my things and then get outta here. I've got some unfinished business with those fools."