30

Y/N's P.O.V.

Five and I walked down the hallway with multiple doors on each side, the silence practically suffocating.

"What's wrong?" Five asked and I sighed.

"Why are you trying to protect me?" I asked quietly, not knowing what kind of response I'd get.
Apparently, Five didn't feel like giving one, because he didn't reply, so I decided to push it.
"You wanted me to stay at Elliott's whilst you went to get Diego. And you didn't exactly help when Diego said I should have stayed at Elliott's instead of coming back here with you."

"You're overworking yourself." Five muttered.
"Back in 2019 you got shot, okay? You didn't exactly get a chance to heal from that. Not to mention the 6 months of torture before you even made it to 2019. Then at the Icarus Theatre, you looked ready to collapse. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to help me open the portal at all. When we got here you could barely stand-" Five stopped himself, taking a breath.
"I'm worried, okay? You need to rest or you're going to seriously hurt yourself."

"Five, I'm fine." I promised.
"I'd tell you if I wasn't."

"Nope. No, you wouldn't." He wasn't wrong. I continued to walk down the hallway, not even realising Five had stopped.
"Uh, Delores?" I turned to look at him, standing by one of the doors and I went over, seeing a family of mannequins.

"Okay, not creepy at all." I muttered.

"What is he up to?" Five asked softly, before the lights went out. We checked a few more rooms, finding basically the same thing, just different settings. There was a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom and even a dining room, which looked like it had been used more recently. There were envelopes scattered on a desk, along with a file. Five looked through them whilst I checked the draws, but finding all of them locked.
"I think I've got something." Five muttered, glancing at me as he slipped paper into his pocket.
"Lets get-" Five was interrupted by a quiet bang and we both tensed up.
We looked around carefully, moving around the room, Five looked under the table and I hit his arm lightly as something caught my eye.

"Five, is that...?" I whispered in shock. And the ape let out a soft grunt, coming out from his hiding spot.

"Hi." Five whispered, stepping towards him.
"Pogo." I lowered myself to the ground and held out my hand to the chimp, Five kneeling next to me.

"It's alright, little buddy." I smiled and Pogo slowly moved closer. Five smiled and Pogo put his hand on my outstretched one.

"Pogo, it's good to see you." Five mumbled. Something changed in Pogo's eyes as he pulled me forward, knocking me onto my stomach and attacked Five who groaned and fell. Pogo screeched and jumped through the window as I pulled myself up and turned to Five, who was covering his neck.
I lifted his chin up carefully and he moved his hand, wincing in pain as blood dribbled down his neck.

"Keep pressure on it." I helped him up.
"Diego!" I yelled and Five pulled me out of the room.

"Diego!" Five yelled, before wincing again.
"Y/N, we have to find him and Pogo-"

"We need to clean that up first." I gestured to his neck.
"Help me find a first aid kit and then we'll go and get Diego."

~

"Oh. He isn't dead." Five muttered as he spacial jumped us to Elliott's place and I looked at Lila, hovering over Diego.

"Disappointed?" Lila teased.

"To see you? Always." I smirked and she glared at me. Five gave me a slightly confused look, but I brushed it off.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package." She sighed and I grabbed a tissue, handing it to Five as his neck started bleeding again. Turns out Reginald Hargreeves isn't a huge fan of first aid kits and when we did eventually find one, the bleeding had almost completely stopped and Five wouldn't let me bandage the cuts on his neck properly. He barely let me clean them, before he made us leave.

"Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy." Lila offered.

"No, I just ran into an old family friend." Five sighed and there was a soft snoring from behind us. I turned to see Elliott, still tied up, but sleeping. I nudged Five, who turned to see what I was looking at.
"You didn't untie him?"

"Was I supposed to?" Lila replied and I rolled my eyes, going over to Elliott and freeing him from the ropes. He didn't wake up or move, so I left him there.

"Why do I get the feeling you and Diego's new girlfriend know each other?" Five asked quietly and I sighed.

"Why would we?" I gave him a tired smile and moved over to the kitchen to get a drink.

"I don't know. It's just the way you two act. You look like you want to bullet between her eyes and she looks like she wants to do the same to you." Five looked at me carefully and I felt horrible for lying to him. I hated lying to him, but I couldn't tell him the truth after all this time.

"I just don't trust her."

"You don't trust anyone, Delores" Five shot back.

"I trust you." I muttered.

"Then why aren't you telling me the whole truth?" I glanced at Lila, who was still stitching Diego up.
"Y/N, you're worrying me."

"I trust you, Five, but there's a part of me- of my past- that I'm not proud of, but believe me when I say it's better that you don't know." He narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously.

"Why not?"

"Because I love you and I'm afraid that if you find out about the things I did before- before I met you- you won't love me back."