39

Long ass chapter :/

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Not only have you burglarised my lab, set my chimp loose, conned your way into the Mexican consulate, repeatedly stalked and attacked me, but you have, on numerous occasions, called me..."

"Hey pops. How's it hanging?" Klaus asked, taking his seat art the table.

"Dad." Hargreeves finished and I had to admit he was more intimidating than I expected, no wonder Five was nervous.
"My reconnaissance tells me you're not CIA, not KGB, certainly not MI5, so... who are you?" Everyone exchanged looks across the table and Five sat forward slightly.

"We're your children." He said simply, before glancing at me.
"Well, most of us are. We're from the future. In 1989 you adopted us and trained us to fight against the end of the world. Called us the Umbrella Academy."

"Why on earth would I adopt six-"

"Seven." Allison corrected and at least he understood I wasn't his kid.
"One of us isn't here."

"Dead." Diego muttered.
"One of us is dead."

"Yeah, Babababababababa- Enough of that now." Klaus looked behind him and I shook my head.

"Regardless. What would possess me to adopt seven ill-mannered malcontents?" Hargreeves asked.

"We all have special abilities." Five sighed.

"Special? In what sense?" Hargreeves narrowed his eyes at Five.

"In the Superpower sense." Luther deadpanned.

"Call me old-fashioned, but I'm a stickler for a pesky little thing called evidence." He challenged.
"Show me."

"We're not circus animals, okay? We're not going to balance balls on our noses and clap our hands like seals for your own amusement." Luther glared at him and I rolled my eyes. Diego threw a knife and it turned and just missed Hargreeves, before landing in a pillar. He immediately began writing and everyone sat forward.

"What are you writing?" Diego asked suspiciously.

"You are zero for two, young man." Hargreeves stared, causing Diego to get up. Five teleported in front of him, to stop him doing anything stupid.

"Stop!" Five hissed and I raised my hand, dragging Diego back to his seat and making him sit down.

"Now that is interesting." Hargreeves muttered.

"Y/N, you want to do the honours?" Five asked and I nodded.

"Okay, quick run down. Luther: super strength. Klaus can commune with the dead. Allison can rumour anyone to do anything." I pointed to each of the siblings as I spoke.

"Except she never uses it." Diego interrupted.

"I heard a rumour that you punched yourself in the face." She smirked and Diego was forced to hit himself, groaning loudly.

"And you?" Hargreaves looked at Vanya.

"Uh, maybe we don't take Vanya for a test run." Luther chuckled awkwardly.

"It's probably not a good idea." Klaus sighed.

"It's fine." Vanya shook her head.
"I can handle it."

"Handle it? Last time you definitely blew up the moon." Allison said and we all moved back a little as she picked up a fork.

"No, Vanya, don't!" Five yelled and she tapped the glass, before the fruit bowl exploded and I used my power to stop anything from hitting me, but the others weren't so lucky. I grinned at Vanya as the others groaned, the girl looking very proud of herself.