16

Y/N's P.O.V.

Someone shook my shoulder gently I sighed, before opening my eyes and seeing Five in front of me.

"Sorry to wake you, Delores, I know you like you're beauty sleep, but-" I grabbed him by his stupid silk pyjamas and stood up, before I pulled him into a hug.

"You're an idiot. A stupid, selfish idiot. You could have died!" I scolded and he smirked a little.
"Stop it, Five! Stop with the stupid smirks and jokes! I didn't think you were going to make it and I was terrified."

"Y/N, I..." He looked at me in shock and I brought my hands up and wiped the tears away before they could fall.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He whispered, taking my wrists gently.
"I should have told you, but I was worried you'd baby me and if we want to stop the end of the world, we all need to be focused."

"I know that, Five." I shook my head.
"But you collapsed and none of your siblings listen to me and if you had died-"

"But I didn't die, Y/N. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He gave me a small smile.
"I'm fine, I mean it this time."

"I don't know if I want to kiss you or push you out the window." I muttered and Five grinned, knowing he was forgiven.

"Can I pick?" I opened my mouth to deny his request, before he pushed his lips against mine and wrapped his arms around me. I kissed him back and he broke the kiss to lean his forehead against mine.
"I love you."

"I know." I smiled a little.
"You're a bastard, I can't stay mad at you."

"You love me, Delores." Five stepped back and I sighed.

"Unfortunately, yes." He held out his hand to me and I took it, before he spacial jumped us into the kitchen. I sat down and Five took Luther's coffee from him before he could even taste it.

"Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?" Five muttered, putting the cup down as Klaus handed me mine.

"It can't be that bad." I rolled my eyes, before tasting it and almost spitting it back into the cup.
"Shit, Klaus, that's disgusting." I put the cup down, but Klaus ignored my comment completely.

"Can we get started please?" Luther muttered, looking like he had a pretty rough night.

"Anyone seen the others? Diego? Allison? No?" Klaus sighed.
"Alright then, this is the closet thing to a quorum that we are gonna get." He tapped spoons off the counter and Luther groaned.
"Now, listen up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to spit it out... yeah."

"Klaus." Luther looked at him after he went quiet.

"I conjured dad last night." I sat up a little, watching as Luther and Five exchanges a look.

"I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years?" Luther asked.

"Ah, yes. I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da!" Klaus smiled proudly.
"I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special and then ended up having this conversation with dear old daddy himself."

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther stood up, ignoring what Klaus has said completely.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." Five replied, looking into his cup.

"Hey, both of you quit it. Hear him out." I sighed and Luther dat back down.

"Hey, Y/N is right, this is serious." Klaus looked at them.
"This really happened, I swear."

"Okay, fine. I'll play. What did the old man have to say?" Five asked and I shifted in my seat, genuinely interested.

"Well, He gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad." Klaus chuckled.
"But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because... he killed himself."

"I don't have times for your games, Klaus." Luther stood up once more.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling the truth!" Klaus promised.

"Why'd he do it then?" Five narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again." Klaus shrugged.

"No. Dad wouldn't just kill himself." Luther stubbornly replied.

"Well, you said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night." Five muttered.

"No. There weren't any signs." Luther shook his head.
"Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies. Strange behaviours."

"Like sending someone to the moon for no reason?" Klaus asked.

"I swear to god, Klaus if you're lying..."

"I'm not. I'm not." Klaus held up his hands.

"Master Klaus is correct." Pogo spoke, entering the room and we all turned to look at him.
"Regretfully, I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan. So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know." Pogo sighed.
"Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five muttered and I gave his hand a small squeeze.

"So the security tape we saw?" Luther asked.

"It was meant to further the murder mystery." Luther scoffed.
"Your father hoped that being back here... solving it together... would reignite your desire to be a team again."

"And to what end?"

"To save the world, of course." Pogo looked down.

"First the moon mission and now this?" Luther muttered.
"You watched me search for answers and did nothing. Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?"

"Hey, calm down Luther." Klaus tried.

"No, I won't calm down! We've been lied to by the one person in this family that we all trusted!" Luther glared at the chimp and Klaus slumped down in the chair in front of him.

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I..." Pogo sighed.
"I had no choice."

"There's always a choice." Luther walked away and Five pulled his hand from mine as Pogo left.

"I gotta think." Five disappeared and I sighed, looking down at the table.

"It's just the three of us now." Klaus muttered.

"They'll come around- hang on, three?" I questioned and Klaus looked at the empty seat with a cup of coffee in front of us.
"Ben?" I guessed and Klaus looked surprised.

"Yeah." He nodded.
"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess." I smiled weakly and Klaus glanced at the empty seat then at me.

"Thanks." He muttered.

"For what?" I asked and he shrugged.

"For at least pretending to be interested in what I had to say." My heart broke for him and I gave him a smile.

"I wasn't pretending, Klaus." I replied honestly.
"Can I make another lucky guess?" He nodded his head.
"The person you got sober enough to conjure originally, were they someone you met when you traveled to 1968?"

"Yeah." He smiled sadly.
"How'd you...?"

"You haven't taken those tags off since you got back and I haven't known you long, but you've been different. You've got that look in your eye that shows you lost someone to war and I'd recognise it anywhere, because I had it." Klaus looked confused and I pulled my own dog tags out from under my shirt.

"You... really?" Klaus looked genuinely shocked.
"I never would have guessed."

"Yeah, I don't exactly fit the stereotype right now." I laughed and he nodded.
"Tell me about them, the person you lost."

"His name was Dave and I loved him more than I've ever loved anything or anyone."