23

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What's with all the lollygagging?" Five asked as the orchestra ran from the stage, Vanya being the only one still playing.

"Five, get down!" Luther yelled and Five pulled us both to the floor as bullets were shot at us.
"We thought you bailed on us!"

"No, we had an errand to run." Five replied and I pulled the gun from the waistband of my skirt, aiming up at the shooters.
"Where the Hell did you get that?" He looked at me in shock.

"The Handler's bag." I shrugged and took one of the shooters out as he was reloading.
"This isn't good. I've not nearly got enough ammo to deal with these bastards."

"You know these guys?" Diego called.

"Yeah, we do." Five replied.

"And?"

"Well, we're screwed." More came towards us and I managed to take one more out, before I ran out of bullets and the gun was useless to me. Diego took a couple out with his knives, but we needed a goddamn miracle to get out of this alive.
Klaus burst in, saying something that I couldn't quite hear over the gunfire.

"It's Cha Cha!" He repeated and I groaned.

"Klaus get down!" I used my power to knock Klaus out of the way and Five disappeared.
Klaus stood up again, his hands glowing and I deflected bullets from hitting him. He groaned as a glowing blue figure appeared in front of him, the one and only Ben Hargreeves. Even as a ghost, Ben was able to use his, genuinely terrifying, power to take out most of the armed guards.
I stepped back and a hand grabbed my arm, before I was pulled across the theatre by Five, looking at his brothers in shock.
The soldiers were all dead and the tentacles went back into Ben as Klaus gasped, before Ben vanished completely.

"Vanya." Five muttered and we looked at the violinist on stage, her suit changing from black to white. The ground shook and the walls cracked and we both looked around carefully.
"This whole place is going to come down soon if we don't get the violin from her."

"I can try, but... I'm exhausted." I muttered and Five nodded his head. I raised my hands and tried to separate the violin from its owner, but Vanya's head snapped towards us and she glared at me, not letting go. She shot an energy wave at us and Five barely jumped us to the others in time.
I felt a migraine brewing and Five looked at me in concern, before reaching up and wiping under my nose, revealing blood.

"How do you want to end this thing?" Diego asked and I turned my attention from Five to his siblings.

"We surround her. All right? We come at her from all angles." I didn't have a good feeling about this, but what choice did we have?

"So it's a suicide mission?" Klaus mumbled.

"Yeah, but one of us could get through. It's the only chance we've got." Five looked at his brother, who nodded.

"We all in?" Luther asked and we all nodded. Allison was hesitant, but Luther started giving out our positions. Five, Klaus and I were up front, but Five took my hand and squeezed it slightly.

"Klaus was right. This is a suicide mission." Five said softly and I looked at him.
"It's not too late to run."

"You know I can't do that." I smiled and him and he nodded his head.

"I love you, Delores. I don't say that enough." Five frowned and a part of me wanted to cry.

"Don't start getting sentimental now, you old bastard." I laughed weakly, but there was a lump in my throat.
"I love you too."

"Now!" Luther yelled at the top of his voice and we all pushed forward, Five disappearing as Klaus and I ran up onto the stage and towards Vanya.
We didn't stand a chance against her. She knocked us back and we were suspended in mid air. I could feel the life practically draining from me.
A gunshot rang out and we were all thrown to the floor. I pulled myself to my feet, looking at the others, who were doing the same, before we hurried over to Allison, who held an unconscious Vanya.

"Is she alive?" Luther asked quietly and Allison nodded.
"She is?"

"Oh, thank God." Klaus sighed and Five put his head on my shoulder, letting out a breath of relief.

"We did it. We saved the world." Luther chuckled and Five sat up, smiling softly. He had dedicated his life to this moment, I couldn't even comprehend what he must have felt.
Klaus got up and I nudged Five.

"Uh, guys?" Klaus asked, looking up at the shattered ceiling.
"You see that big moon rock coming towards us? Right?"

"That's not good." Luther muttered.

"Really? You don't say." I replied sarcastically, wincing as I stood up.

"So this is it, huh? So much for saving the world." Klaus muttered.

"If only Sir. Reginald could see us now, huh?" Diego mused.
"The Umbrella Academy. A total failure."

"At least we're together at the end. As a family." Luther muttered and I rolled my eyes, turning to Five, who was pacing nervously.

"We didn't almost get killed by your sister to be killed by a giant space rock." I spoke stubbornly.
"What's the plan, Five?"

"This doesn't have to be the end." Five stopped pacing.

"What? What are you saying, Five?" Luther questioned.

"I think I've got a way out of here, but you gotta trust Y/N and I on this." Five looked at me.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Diego shrugged.

"No." Klaus and Luther turned to look up at the sky again and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well then we might as well accept our fate, because in a matter of minutes we're all gonna be vaporised." Five snapped.

"What's your plan, then?" Diego looked at us.

"We'll use my ability to time travel, but this time I'll take you with me. Combined with the science Y/N and I used to get us back to 2019, it should work."

"You can do that?" Diego sounded surprised.

"I don't know. I've never tried it before." Five admitted.

"What's the worst that can happen?" Diego joked and I scoffed.

"You're looking at it, a 58 year old and a 51 year old in their teenage bodies." I replied seriously.
"But we fixed that, it was a typo."

"Oh, what the Hell, I'm in." Diego muttered and Klaus agreed with him instantly.

"Me too. Allison?" Luther looked at his sister, who nodded.
"What about Ben?"

"Great, yeah. He's in." Klaus grinned.

"Okay, Luther grab Vanya." Five ordered and I mentally prepared myself for what was about to happen.

"Wait, should we be taking her? I mean, if she's the cause of the apocalypse. Isn't that like taking a bomb with us." Allison glared at Luther and I rolled my eyes.

"The apocalypse will always happen and Vanya will always be the cause. Unless..." I began.

"Unless we take her with us and fix her." Five added and I nodded my head.
"We need to go, now. Y/N, you ready?"

"Not really, but we don't exactly have the time to stay much longer." I held Five's and and we formed a circle as he took Allison's hand and I took Diego's.
"You ready?"

"No." Five sighed, looking up at the moon through the broken roof. We began to open the portal, not even focusing on a particular time, and electricity crackled around us. Five groaned and I squeezed my eyes shut as my migraine spiked.

"It's working!" Luther yelled and it was becoming harder and harder to focus.

"Hold on! It's gonna get messy!"