12

Y/N's P.O.V.

Five finished catching Luther up on what we knew about the apocalypse as I sat quietly on the bed, thinking about what was being said.
We had no leads, no clue on what starts the apocalypse and how to stop it.

"It's just another hunk of glass." Five sighed, looking at the eye. He put it away as the door burst open, Diego storming in.

"Piece of shit!" He snapped.
"Do you have any idea what you've done?" He came towards us and Five grabbed my hand, before Luther stopped Diego.
"Get your ape hands off of me!"

"I can do this for as long as it takes for you to calm down." Luther said confidently and Diego wasn't even touching the ground. Diego took a few deep breaths, before sighing.

"Fine." He stopped struggling and Luther put him down.

"Okay. Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?" Luther asked.

"Our brother and Y/N have been pretty busy since they got here. They were in the middle of the shoot out at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers, the guys in masks attacked the academy, looking for them."

"All of which is none of your concern." Five replied seriously.

"Well it is now." Diego glared at us.
"They just killed my friend." Luther looked at us and I sighed.

"Who are they, Five?" Luther asked, but Five shook his head.

"They work for our former employer." I said and Five looked at me with a glare.
"A woman called the Handler. She sent them to stop us."

"As soon as Diego's friend got in their way... well, fair game." Five added.

"Well now they're my fair game." Luther looked at Diego with what looked like mild concern.
"And I'm going to see to it that they pay."

"That would be a mistake, Diego. They're killed people far more dangerous than you." Five tried but it was useless as Diego moved back towards the door.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." He slammed the door behind him.

"Former employer? What's this really about?" Luther looked down at us.
"And don't give me any of this it's none of your business crap."

"Well, it's a long story." Five sighed, but Luther just sat down and looked at us expectantly.
Five explained how the handler found him alone in the apocalypse, how she took him to the commission and trained him.
"They turned me into the perfect instrument for rehabilitation of the time continuum. Or corrections as they called them. I wasn't the only one. There were others like me. Beings out of time, fractured, extracted from the lives they knew. Y/N, for example."

"I was born the same day as the rest of you, but instead of putting on a mask and playing hero, I was hiding from my father, my mother died giving birth to me and he blamed me. He made my childhood hell.
I joined the army at 16 and I served for 6 years, before the Handler found me and recruited me into the Commission. She didn't tell me that my contract had fine print that mentioned retirement and resignation weren't an option." I sighed and Luther looked at me carefully.

"The Handler paired her two best agents together, Y/N and I, no one was nearly as good as us." Five sighed and I gave him a small smile.
"They didn't realise it, but I was biding my time. Trying to figure out the right equation so I could get Y/N and I back here. If I could get us back, I knew I could stop the apocalypse. Save the world."

"We broke our contracts." I sighed.
"Five made it back here, but the portal was too small, I couldn't make it through. The Handler found me and locked me up. Tortured me for information. She wanted to know how Five made the portal, but I barely understood it myself.
After 6 months of them coming in and out of my cell, 6 months of questions, one of the guards slipped up. He left a pen in my cell. I couldn't physically reach it, I was chained to a wall, but I had been saving my energy for weeks. I managed to use my power of telekinesis to take the pen and hide it, just in time as the guard came back to retrieve it."

"Hang on, you're telling me you escaped a high security prison full of armed fully trained guards... with a pen?" Five asked and I realised this was the first time I had explained properly.
"And you did this whilst badly injured and physically exhausted?"

"We killed people for a living. His neck was exposed, it wasn't too hard." I smirked and Five looked impressed, whereas Luther looked a little scared.

"So you were a hitman? And a hit- hitwoman?" Luther asked Five nodded.
"I mean, you had a code, right? You didn't just kill anybody?"

"No code." Five said bluntly and Luther handed us each a cup of coffee.
"We took out anyone who messed with the timeline."

"What about innocent people?" Luther asked childishly.

"It was the only way I could get back here." Five muttered.

"But that's murder." He whispered and I rolled my eyes.

"Jesus, Luther. Grow up." Five said seriously.
"We're not kids anymore, there's no such thing as good guys and bad guys. There's just people goin' about their lives. But when the world ends all those people die, including our family. Time changes everything."