15

Y/N's P.O.V.

"I know this Jenkins dude has got to have a record. We just have to get our hands on the file." Diego explained.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" Allison asked, clearly not amused.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis." Diego smirked a little.
"I've spent a lot of time inside."

"Handcuffed." Allison corrected and I almost laughed at Diego's sour expression.

"Whatever. Here's the plan-"

"Plan?" Five interrupted.
"I'm just gonna blink in there and get the file."

"No- that's not..." Diego looked a little lost and I looked at Allison, who looked as entertained as I felt.
"Look, you don't know the ins and outs of this place like I do."

"I literally did this yesterday." Five deadpanned.

"What?" Allison muttered.

"My yesterday, not your yesterday." Five explained.
"It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

"Listen to me. You are not going in there." Diego replied seriously and Five looked at me.
"I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads." Five rolled his eyes and Diego took a breath, before looking at his watch.
"Just... stay here, okay? I'll be back soon." Diego got out and walked down the side of the police station, leaving us in the car.

"I'm gonna to call Vanya." Allison nodded towards the public phone next to the station, before getting out of the car.

"Come on." Five said to me, before following his sister. He leaned against the wall and I moved next to him, watching him since in pain.

"How bad is it?" I asked and he let out a shaky breath.

"I told you already, it can wait." He muttered and I glared at him.
"Trust me, Delores. I'm fine, for now, at least. We don't have time for you to play nurse." Allison hung up as Diego came back and Five looked at him.
"So?"

"You're welcome." Diego smirked, holding up the file, before Allison snatched it. She opened the file, before her eyes widened.

"Holy shit." She looked up at us then back down to the file.
"Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody." She held up the file for us to see and I was confused.

"Who?" I asked, unsure. I looked at Five, but he looked as confused as me.

"Vanya's boyfriend." Allison whispered.
"I think she's with him now, she could be in trouble."

"Is there an address?" Five asked and Allison nodded, before we all wordlessly got into the car. Allison read out the address and Diego began driving. It didn't take long to get there.

"Be careful, alright?" Allison said as we got out of the car.
"We don't know what Peabody is capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him." Diego shrugged.
"Looked kind of scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers." Allison glanced at Five and I.
"I mean, look at them."

"Thanks." Five rolled his eyes and I smiled innocently.

"Good point. So what does this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked as Allison walked off and I followed her, leaving the boys.
She was clearly nervous and I put my hand on her arm, before she tried to open the back door.

"Vanya will be fine." I reassured and she nodded her head, before opening the, surprisingly unlocked, door.
There was a loud smash and we moved through the house, to the front door, where Diego was laid on the ground, surrounded by glass.

"Subtle." Allison laughed and I moved over to the door, opening it and looking at a very amused Number Five.

"You know the door was unlocked, right?" I asked and Diego groaned.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine." He pulled himself up off the floor and I closed the door again.
"Spread out. Yell if, you know, you're in trouble."

"Inspiring leadership." Five watched his brother walk away.

"One of the greats." Allison added, before heading upstairs. Five motioned for me to follow her and I nodded, heading upstairs, where Allison was struggling to open the attic.

"Step back." I smiled at her and she moved behind me, before I used my telekinesis to open the hatch, releasing the stairs.
We went up into the attic and I wasn't prepared for what was up there.
"I've been in some weird places, but this..."

"Guys, you need to see this!" Allison called as I moved around, looking at the creepy shrine. Five and Diego were by our sides in seconds and they immediately looked uncomfortable.
"All our faces are burnt off..."

"Well, that's not creepy." Diego muttered and I looked at the ruined posters and magazine covers.
"This guy's got some serious issues."

"Shit." Five muttered and I looked at him as he shuddered.

"This was never about Vanya." Allison whispered and Five's breathing quickened, drawing my full attention to him. He looked down, inside his blazer and I put my hand on his cheek. He was burning up bad. He looked at me, before his eyes closed and he fell back.
I managed to catch him and lower him to the ground slowly, Allison and Diego looking at us in shock.

"Five?" Allison asked and I kneeled next to him, opening the side of his blazer and seeing blood. I touched it gently and his eyes opened again.
I lifted his shirt and my breath got caught in my throat as he groaned.

"What the Hell did you do, Five?" I looked at the wound.
"Who did this to you?"

"Jesus, Five. Why didn't you say anything?" Diego asked, kneeling down next to me.

"You have to keep going." Five muttered and my hands shook as I looked down at them.
"So... close." His eyes closed again and tears burned in my eyes.

"Five? Five!" Allison shook him slightly and Diego tapped the side of his face.

"He said it wasn't that bad." I muttered and Allison looked at me.

"Y/N, you knew about this? You knew he was hurt?" She asked in shock.

"We need to get him to a hospital." Diego interrupted.
"I can't carry him out of here-" I raised my shaky hands and Five lifted off the ground.

"Go and get the car as close to the house as you can." I whispered and Diego left.
"You said you were fine." I glared at Five as I lifted him out of the attic.

"He's going to be okay, we just need a hospital." Allison insisted, following me as I held Five.

"No, a kid with a shrapnel wound would raise too many questions." I shook my head.
"We need to go back to the academy."