11 - Ace

A/N - This is a sad one, had some tears near the end so might want to have some tissues ready.  

~~~~~~~~~

"Eleven" (Y/n)'s turn was here at last, and she was thrilled. The girl didn't care about going into a closet with someone else, but after she was finished her turn, she was free to go back to her ship. It was almost the Witching Hour and due to her devil fruit, the girl wanted to be safety on her ship but couldn't leave until her turn passed.

(Y/n) ate the death-death devil fruit, now the fruit was very useful but it also required a lot of energy so she had to remember not to overdo it. That was easier said they done as certain abilities she had never completely shut off unless she had seastone cuffs on.

One ability she didn't have any control over was being able to see and communicate with sprits, ghosts, sometimes it was clear she was talking to one but other times she assumed to was just another person. Since the Witching Hour was drawing closer (Y/n) would start to see a lot more sprits and she was beginning to scan the room encase some were already showing up. None were present but something was starting to make her feel uneasy.

"That's me!" No one was standing up so (Y/n) looked around awkwardly trying to figure out who her partner was but she didn't have much luck. Sanji went around checking numbers but he couldn't find the other eleven. Something caught her eye as she looked around the room, focusing on it she seen it was a piece of paper with a clearly written eleven on it.

Following after the paper (Y/n) heard the chiming of the clock, the Witching Hour had begun. It distracted (Y/n) enough that she took her eyes off the paper and when they focused back on the paper it wasn't floating anymore, instead in was being held between the fingers of someone she used to know.

"Fire Fist Ace"

"Please, just Ace is fine (Y/n) or Acey which ever you like" She couldn't believe it, he was here but this was one of the times she knew she was talking to a ghost, he died during the war saving the life of his little brother. "How are you here? Shouldn't your soul to tied to Marineford?"

After eating the death-death fruit (Y/n) studied up on the supernatural in hopes it would help her use her abilities better. In a few of the books it mentioned ghosts were often tied to the place they died, or to an object that held a lot of meaning to them while they were alive.

"Your ring (Y/n)" Looking down at the gold ring she kept on a chain around her neck she recalled the day when he gave it to her. They had been dating for a while and she knew how much he loved her but one day she was visiting Pop's crew when something happened that changed everything, Blackbeard.

Ace's eyes were so consumed with rage on that day and nothing was going to stop him, (Y/n) begged him to stay but in the end, she couldn't stop him. All he left her was a ring and when he slipped it onto her finger, he promised that everything would be okay and he'd come back to her as soon as he could. But that promise was broken, he never came back and (Y/n) never moved on.

"(Y/n)?" Tears were flowing down her face as she stared at Ace, he'd been with her this whole time and she never even noticed. "You promised you'd come back to me" The man before her wished to hold her one last time but it was pointless, whenever he tried to his hands would go right through her. "I'm sorry (Y/n) if I could go back, I would have never left you"

She didn't know what to say to the man but he spoke before she could come up with anything. "You need to move on (Y/n). Let love back into your heart" It was true, the girl never got involved with anyone after he died, it was like she was expecting him to walk back into her life but that was a hopeless thought.

"I still love you Ace" Ace knew the girl still had feelings for him, he heard her crying for him every night but it was time for both of them to more on. "Always keep me in your heart but it's time to say goodbye" (Y/n) was on her knees now while Ace continued to speak. "The ring must be destroyed, it's the only thing keeping me from crossing over" She knew that it was selfish to keep him here any longer but she wasn't sure if she could bare to destroy the ring on her own, it was her treasure.

"I understand" It came out in a choke but the other heard it clearly. "Will you tell my brothers I'm sorry?" A thought crossed (Y/n)'s mind, her devil fruit had an ability she's only used a time or two but it would give him the chance to be with his brother's one last time. "You can tell them yourself, if you possess me" Ghost possession, it took up a lot of energy and she couldn't do it long but (Y/n) could give him enough time to say his goodbyes.

"You can do that (Y/n)?" Nodding her head, she said something that surprised him. "Just have someone else destroy the ring so I don't have to?" Agreeing to (Y/n)'s request Ace listened carefully to what he had to, he had until the end of the Witching Hour, 15 minutes. It wasn't a long time but it would push (Y/n)'s power to the limit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Ace was in (Y/n)'s body he was on his own as he walked back to the room where everybody was sitting, noticing the girl had returned they turned to give her bad news. "Sorry (Y/n) we couldn't find your partner" He knew there wasn't a lot of time so looking over to his brothers he started walking towards them. "Luffy. Sabo"

"What's up (Y/n)?" His smiled dropped as he stood before the two, (Y/n) told him to be direct and not waste time. "It's me... Ace" That didn't impress the boys as shown by Luffy's face turning serious "That's not funny (Y/n)" Oh course he'd think it was a joke, the boy had watched him die. "I'm possessing (Y/n)'s body, I have till the end of the Witching Hour" Before Luffy could speak Ace continued. "When you came to live with me, I hated you, I wanted nothing to do but you followed me day after day. You never gave up because you wanted us to be friends, because being alone was worse than being hurt."

Luffy's eyes widened before he started crying. "Ace?" All he did was nod and Luffy begin wrapping his arms around him but then he remembered this was (Y/n)'s body. "Be careful this body is fragile" Sabo had also stood up the tears starting in his eyes. "Ace why are you in (Y/n)'s body?"

"It's time I moved on, I just wanted to apology to Luffy. I've been with (Y/n) too long but I was glad when I found out you were still alive Sabo, so please take care of our little brother" Neither boys had thought they'd ever get to have one last moment with their brother but they knew it wouldn't last much longer. "Of course, Ace"

"I'm sorry you had to watch me die Luffy" Ace bowed down as tears started. "You don't need to apologize Ace; I would have done the same thing" The more his brothers and his previous crew talked the closer the clock got to the end of the hour.

There wasn't much time left but he still had one person he needed to talk with. "Law, right?" He knew the man held feeling for the girl but never acted on them, but (Y/n) needed to move on and Law would always keep her safe. Having seen (Y/n) blush a few times around the man she mostly likely held some feeling for him as well maybe after sometime she could find love again.

"Yes"

"I've seen how you are with (Y/n) she just needs a little time though. Will you promise to keep her safe for me?"

"Yes of course"

Looking at the clock his time was almost up, so turning back to Sabo he took the necklace off before handing it to the man. "This is the only thing keeping me here, please destroy it (Y/n) couldn't do it herself" Understanding what needed to be done Sabo started a fire in his hand that held the necklace and ring, watching as (Y/n) started to glow as something stepped out of her body, Ace stood there clear to everyone in the room as he started to burn away.

"Goodbye everyone, until we meet again"

~~~~~~~~~~

End