22 - Lake

**A/N – Not really sure what happened to this guy after the rainbow mist arc but he's probably still in prison. But since some of the criminals become Marines after they are arrested, he'll get to be a Marine for this story**

~~~~~~~~~

"Hm... hey, Law?" I was staring at a group of Marines when I recognized a few of them were ex-pirates or common criminals that had been arrested by the Marines. "Yes, (Y/n)-ya?" When I heard Law reply to me, I turned to face the man before I asked him my question.

"Why do you think so many ex-criminal's join the Marines?" Sure, I knew it meant not having to serve their prison sentence but I just found it odd that they were so easy to convince to join the enemy ranks. As I waited for Law to reply I started counting the lose Beri's I had in my pockets, I had just finished counting them when Law replied to me.

"Hard to say (Y/n) but for Warlord's it makes it easy for us to commit our crimes in peace" Since Law really didn't have an answer, I was going to change the topic but I was interrupted by Zoro speaking. "Number twenty-two. Hey is this all the rum we have Robin?" As I started walking towards the closet, I started to snicker at Zoro, that man never seemed to have enough liquor.

"Go get her Lake!" Looking behind me, I seen a rookie Marine walking over to me. He had lovely red hair with long sideburns, he looked nice but if he acted up, I could handle myself just fine. "Come on Marine I don't bite" When he didn't follow me, I walked back out of the closet before I started to drag him into the closet with me.

Once I closed the door, I turned to the man who I would be spending the next seven minutes with, I didn't recognize his face. "Do you have a name Marine?"

"Lake" What an interesting name, I've never heard of him before but it would be fun getting to know him maybe I'll get him to tell me all of his secrets. "So, Link what are you Marines planning?" I could hear some movement from the man before he replied and it surprised me with what he said. "My names Lake, not Link and we're planning to arrest as many Pirates as we can at the end of the night"

"Hm? You know you just told a Pirate your whole plan, right?"

"...Yeah I know... I'm terrible with keeping secrets" What an interesting Marine, he's a cute one as well. "I've never seen you before... Lake, what made you join the Marines?" I could hear him slightly laugh before he replied. "I was arrested along with my Dad and Grandfather, they offered me freedom if I joined the Marines and I took it"

"So, the family business finally got you arrested? Hahahaha. What do you say Lake, want to play this little game with me?" I knew that I wanted to play this game even though at least half of the time had already been taken up but we could still have fun during the last few minutes. "Why not we kind of have to don't we?"

"Oh yes we have to if we don't then Nami will fine both of us a lot of Beri's~" It was adorable the way Lake gasped at the mention of having to give his Beri's to Nami. "That's not happening! I don't get paid a lot as it is... I wish they paid me more" He said the last part as a whisper but I heard him. Though after he was finished, I was pulled into a kiss before I could figure out what was going on.

He was actually a pretty good kisser and I let him control the kiss as I thought about how I was going to get this man back to my ship, oh that might actually work. Once I had a plan in my mind, I wrapped my arms around Lake's neck as I deepened the kiss, he seemed surprised but the man never broke the kiss until the closet door swung open.

"Ah man! He actually got her to kiss him Tom, I owe you 500 Beri's" As I watched Lake going back to his seat, I knew this was the perfect time to see if my plan would work. "Oh Lake~" His attention shifted back to me as I laid a single Beri coin of the floor of the room. When he noticed it, the man took the bait, the other Marines tried to stop him but this man liked money so he continued following me as I laid a trail of Beri's all the way back to my ship. The night was far from over for the two of us.

~~~~~~~~~

End