Numberless - Rosinante

(Y/n)'s Pov

I had waited patiently all night. However, everyone was starting to pack up and I knew then they must not have realized I hadn't gotten my turn in the closet of doom. "(Y/n)-ya, are you planning on getting up anytime soon? The party is over and you're staring off into space as usual" Turning my head I could see Law had awoken from his nap although I could see he also looked a little annoyed. "Morning, sleep beauty. How'd you sleep?"

"Get up brat. I had more important matters to attend to" He could have easily pushed me out of his lap. Surprisingly, instead of being a complete asshole he just stared down at me. "But Law I didn't get a turn. My number wasn't even called. Do you think they made a mistake?" Although she had left hours ago, I could have easily asked Nami that question. "Are you trying to tell me you wanted to go into a closet with some strange partner for seven minutes? I didn't take you for the type"

"I'm not sure if there was an insult in there but yes Law, I stayed here all night expecting to be called and it didn't happen. Frankly, I'm a little insulted. I'm sure half the people in this room would be dying for the chance to be locked in a room with me" Standing from the couch I started to look around the room hoping maybe Robin would still be there. I mean she could tell me why my number wasn't called. "Whatever helps you sleep at night (Y/n)-ya" Of course, Law had to say something although I was only going to chalk it up as his being jealous.

"Hey, bitch! Think fast!" That voice was unmistakable but before I had the chance to react something hit me from behind causing me to tumble forward. However, I didn't fall on my face. No, I tumbled into a roll and somehow ended up in the closet hitting something soft. Oh, and to make matters worse the door slammed shut behind me. "That man doesn't care for you very much. I wouldn't worry about him though" Pulling myself up from the ground I looked forward but due to the dark, I couldn't make out anything. However, thanks to them speaking only moments before I knew I wasn't alone. "W-Who said that?"

"I suppose I'm your partner for the next seven minutes but I'm not here to play games. It's too late for that anyway... You're (Y/n), right?" I didn't recognize the voice. Whoever it was knew who I was, which didn't sit well with me. "Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question" There was a moment of silence before he spoke. "My name is not important. We don't have much time left. I would appreciate you not wasting it" Well he was on the rude side I couldn't deny his voice was smooth like butter while at the same time being rough. I liked it although if he didn't want me wasting his time, I wondered what exactly he wanted. "What is it you want?"

"Just a talk" That hit a cord with me. Not only had I wasted an entire evening at this party but now that I had a partner he just wanted to talk. I was calling bullshit on that. "Look here mystery creep I didn't come to this party to talk. I came here to have fun" My mood was sour although it quickly changed to surprise as the stranger spoke. "Weren't you having fun with Law? You two are friends, are you not?" Sure, Law and myself got along but using those words to describe us sounded wrong. "Have you been watching me all night? Just who are you? I demand an answer!" I thought that would have gotten him to tell me a name but no. "My name wouldn't mean anything to you"

"Try me"

"Not much time left... Tell me something (Y/n)" He was right we'd been in the closet for a while but I doubted anyone was keeping track and judging from the noise outside the door there was some fight going on. "Why would I tell you anything?" I didn't even know this name but was expected to answer him. That wasn't about to happen. "You remind me of him... I'm sorry but there isn't much time. Can you tell me if he is happy? Just tell me that he turned out alright" I should have kept my mouth shut but my curiosity got the best of me. "Who are you talking about?"

"Law" That took me by surprise. I didn't see why he would have been asking about him. "Why do you need to know about Law?" The waiting was killing me. However, after a few seconds, a reply was offered. "We used to be close a long time ago... but I had to leave him. Can you answer my question? I don't have much time left" There it was again. The comment about time. Well, I could have continued to ask questions I decided against it.

"Law... he might not smile a lot but I would say he is happy. He has a crew... a family that would follow him to the end of the world and he has this adorable polar bear named Bepo he uses as his napping spot. They torment him to no end although I don't think he'd trade them for anything in this life. Why do you need to ask me if he was happy? You could have easily asked him for yourself" He was just in the next room and while he might not have answered this man, I don't see why he couldn't have tried.

"No, I'm afraid it's too late. My life... Is it time already?" The last part wasn't directed at me although I could hear how his tone changed. It had a bit of sadness laced in it but I didn't have the time to reply. "Thank you, (Y/n). I have to go but can you do something for me?" I could have said no. However, a part of me was curious. "What would that be?" As he replied I could feel something being placed in my hand. "Take this. You don't have to eat it but I believe it'll be in good hands with you" I wasn't sure what had been given to me. There were different designs on it although that was all I could pick out about it. "Is there anything else I could do for you?"

I wasn't sure why I asked that although when I did a cold hand was placed on my cheek. "He wasn't born evil. I thought for a long time that he was. I was wrong and while he did this to me, I can't blame him any longer. Can you tell my brother I forgive him for what he did?" This man knew how to leave out key information. It was beginning to get on my nerves. "Who exactly is that?" His hand left my cheek and instead held my free hand. "That would be Doflamingo... Sorry, my time is up" His hand left mine although something metal remained in its place. Before I could think much about it the closet door was pulled open.

"(Y/n)-ya, don't tell me you've been sitting alone in this closet for the past seven minutes?" With the light shining on me, I could make out the devil fruit sitting in my left hand although as I opened my right I saw a small worn lighter. "(Y/n)-ya, where did you find a devil fruit?"

"Oh, I got it fro- That's weird. You know what it's not important Law" I wasn't about to admit someone else was in this closet, it would only make me out to be crazy. Maybe the man just had a devil fruit and left. I hoped that was the case although my mind drifted back to what was said. He wanted his brother to know he forgave him. Walking out of the closet I could see Doflamingo was still in the room. He didn't have any of his family members around him but I still used caution when approaching. "Doflamingo, do you have a minute?"

"What do you want?" Something about him seemed off. I couldn't exactly place it although as I played with the lighter in my hands, I found the courage to speak. "He wants you to know that he forgives you for what happened" Doflamingo tilted his head at me but thanks to his reply I knew he was confused. "Who exactly forgives me and for what?" I could tell him the person but unfortunately, I wasn't sure about the second part. Hopefully, Doflamingo knew the answer to that.

"Your brother" The moment I said those words Doflamingo started to chuckle. "Fufufu. You're playing a dangerous game. My brother has been dead for a long time and I'm the one that killed him" That wasn't possible although after a second, I thought over the way he had simply disappeared from the closet. He left me with two items and only said the fruit was for me. Maybe the second was for Doflamingo. "Here I believe this is for you" Holding out the lighter I waited patiently to see what he would do. Eventually, he did take it. I watched him look it over although when he stood up, I panicked. I thought for sure he'd attack me but that wasn't the case. No, he just left the room without a second thought.

"(Y/n)-ya, I thought I've told you never to speak or go near that man? He could have hurt you"

"Law, I think we need to talk..."

~~~~~~~~~

End