16 - Akainu

"Go fish" I call out to Law who stares at me oddly before a small grin appears on his face. "We're playing poker (Y/n) not go fish" Right, I forgot. "Strip poker?"

"No, regular poker. So, please keep your clothes on (Y/n)" I stuck my tongue out at Law before I heard my number being called. "Sixteen" I set my cards down before I gracefully bow to my opponent then headed for the closet where a familiar face was waiting.

"Is it too late to run?" I didn't get to hear an answer before someone pushed me into the closet with my partner following close behind me. The closet was pitch black expect for a thin shrivel of light coming from the bottom of the door, usually I wouldn't mind the dark but this time it was different.

I didn't like not being able to see the man in front of me, one wrong move and he could kill you in an instant it didn't matter if there was a room filled out power men and women just outside of the closet. This man was ruthless and would do anything to take down those who broke the law. When I first met the man, it was something I admired but his absolute justice as he put it became too much for me to handle and it was the thing that lead me to resign from the Marine's and becoming a Pirate.

"Long time no see Akainu, are you here to kill me?" Of course, he was here to kill someone why else would he be here? The man was not the type to be at the function like this willingly, plus the Straw-hat 'Pirates' were the ones who arranged it. "That would make the most sense now wouldn't it (Y/n)?"

"I guess this is personal isn't it Zuki?" The room started to light up from Akainu's lava but he made no movement to harm me... yet. "You left (Y/n). I had to find out from somebody else, you didn't even leave a note. The next time I saw your face was on a wanted poster"

"What did you want the note to say Akainu? Sorry I'm leaving the Marine's and becoming a Pirate, don't look for me! That would have made it a lot harder for both of us and you know it!" His hand was coming closer to me and I thought it was over but instead Akainu wiped away the tears that were rolling down my cheeks. "I have to ask (Y/n), what did you do with your ring? You didn't leave it when you left"

My eyes looked down as I pulled at the sliver chain around my neck, once it was pulled out of my shirt a simple gold band reflected on his light, he continued to stare at it until I spoke up. "I couldn't just leave it behind... it helps remind me of who you were before you became an admiral"

When he pulled me towards him, I froze up but when he didn't burn me I slowly relaxed. "Would you come back with me (Y/n)? You completed me, I've felt so empty since you left" I bit my lip as I took in what he had said, I did miss him but I was a pirate now things wouldn't work between us. How could you love the very thing you're supposed to hate the most in this world?

"I'm a pirate now Sakazuki, things wouldn't work out between us and you know it" I thought he would have started turning into lava at that point but instead he continued trying to convince me to go with him. "I'm the Fleet Admiral no one will question it... if you really want to stay as a Pirate, I can make you a Warlord"

"There's already seven Sakazuki, which one are you firing?" That would be nice, Law was a Warlord at the moment as well. "That damn clown can go" I started to laugh as I couldn't stand at guy, I didn't even know how he even got the offer. "Why did you guy's even make him a Warlord in the first place? I can take him down with my pinkie finger"

"So, you'll come back with me?"

"I suppose you got yourself a deal" Sakazuki always acted differently around me but I never thought much about it until now. Once he lips pressed into mine the closet door opened as many Marines stood outside. "Fleet Admiral!"

"Clown! Your Warlord title is being revoked, (Y/n) is taking your place!" As I watched Buggy from across the room, he was staring daggers at me but I didn't think much about it as I walked over to Law. "Warlord buddies!" I was going to sit with Law but Sakazuki started pulling me out of the room by the collar of my shirt.

"Let's go Pirate! We need to discuss a few things!"

"Hey leave the Captain alone!" Some of my crewmates stood up to help me but thankfully my first mate spoke up to stop them. "Don't worry she's in good hands, isn't that right Sakazuki?" When I had left the Marines my first mate was actually Sakazuki's secretary so she knew him well.

"She'll be fine, I'll return her within the week" Which that said Sakazuki continued to drag me from the room, as I waved back at Law and mouthed a quick goodbye at him.

~~~~~~~~~

End