The Final Battle

Chapter 59: The Final Battle

Dagur and Eira were met by Heather, Runa, and Viggo when they entered the chief's hut. "Did you find the King of Dragons?" Heather asked excitedly.

"Yes," Eira replied. "It's a Titan Wing Dramillion."

"Dramillion?" Viggo said thoughtfully. "That does not make much sense. Yes, Titan Wing dragons have greater powers than their smaller counterparts but not entirely new ones - at least not to that extent."

"It doesn't matter," Dagur grumbled. "Krogan got it."

Runa gasped. "Oh no..."

"We're going to reconvene with Hiccup in the morning," said Eira. "For now, we all need to rest."

"That is probably wise," said Viggo.

"I need some air," Dagur said. He exited the hut without waiting for anyone to respond. Once outside, he took a deep breath and looked up at the night sky. Why did everything look so peaceful when Krogan and Johann were so close to ruling the archipelago? They should be out their doing something to stop them!

"Dagur? What's wrong?"

Dagur sighed and turned around to face Eira. "I just don't like this sitting around and waiting stuff. I want to do something."

Eira took his hands in hers and gazed softly into his eyes. "We will do something, but we need to rest first. We can't fight the dragon flyers or even come up with a reasonable plan if we're exhausted, can we? That goes for our dragons too."

Dagur sighed again. "I know, you're right. Will you stay with me? I sleep better with you by my side."

Eira smiled at him. "Of course." She let go of one hand so she could lead him inside with the other. Even though nothing had been accomplished, Dagur did feel a little more at ease.

***

Eira awoke early the following morning. After getting ready, she joined Dagur, Heather, and Haldor on a stroll through the island to discuss their next steps. They were near the docks when they heard a loud horn.

"Incoming ships?" Dagur said. "Were we expecting guests? I mean, I'm not even cleaned up. I don't have guests on my calendar."

"That's because they're uninvited guests," said Heather.

Eira narrowed her eyes at the incoming fleet. "It's Johann. Viggo was right."

"It's nothing we can't handle," Dagur said as he and Heather withdrew their weapons.

"I will gather my troops," Haldor said.

"Eira, let Runa and Viggo know what's going on," Heather said.

Eira nodded. "I'm on it." She turned on her heels and ran for the hut.

"Hurry back!" Dagur called after her.

Viggo and Runa stared at Eira when she dashed into the house, out of breath. "Johann and Krogan are here!" she said between gasps.

Viggo's face hardened. "Then the time has come. I will join you in the fight. Runa, you stay here."

"But I want to help!" Runa protested. "I can still fight."

Viggo clasped her shoulders. "I cannot allow anything to happen to you. Stay here where it is safe."

"But-"

"He's right," Eira said. She understood her concern, but she did not need Viggo to be distracted because he was worried about her. "It's not just your own life you would be putting at risk. Think about the baby."