Bonus Chapter

A/N: This is my thank you to everyone that got this book to 25k reads, I'm freaking out, y'all are amazing and are so incredible. And because you guys are... Here's a little extra Carmen and Rex for you.

One Year After Epilogue...

"Carmen, you gotta wake up,"

"No," I grumbled, the words hitting me as if I was hearing them through a fish tank. The blanket around me was so warm, and the mattress underneath me, though the springs were digging into my side, still felt surprisingly comfortable.

At a certain point, I'd gotten used to the poking and prodding it did.

"Carmen, we're gonna be late."

"Fuck off."

An arm slid around my waist as I felt the presence of a body next to me, and I let my eyes flutter open to gaze at icy grey eyes, golden hair falling into them. 

He smiled at me, "Carmen, there's a child present, watch your language," the words were teasing, and I couldn't help laugh a little.

"It can't hear me, Rex."

"Oh, I for sure know it can."

I blinked as his hand went between the two of us, resting on my stomach as he went on, "And it's not an it, it's a who."

"Yeah, well, the who had me puking my guts out yesterday, so they can just learn to cover their ears."

Rex laughed lightly, hand coming up to brush hair out of my face, "Wow, you're gonna make a great mother."

"Might as well be getting me a plastic mother of the year trophy asap."

"I'll get you one every year for as long as we live, as long as you wake the fuck up so we're not late to our first appointment."

I let out a groan. I really wanted those trophies.

"Fine, fine, I'm going, I'm going. Look how fast I'm getting up."

I was not getting up fast at all. In fact, I was probably going at the pace of a sloth.

My eyes were still adjusting to the warm light filtering through the window of the bedroom and I  felt myself get lightheaded as I pressed my feet to the cold faux wood floor and stood up.

I looked back at Rex, who was laying on his back in bed, shirtless with all his tattoos on display.

"Like what you see, Spy girl?"

I couldn't help myself from nodding a little, before I snapped out of it, "Eh, I've seen better."

Rex's cold eyes racked my own body, which was clad in that damn American Idiot shirt, which was now worn through in some places, and small tannish patches dotted it where it had been stained with bleach.

There also was probably one or more soy sauce stains on the thing, but I wasn't going to focus on that.

"Well, I haven't. Still the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

I felt my face heat up. 

It'd been a year, and I still wasn't used to it. 

I still wasn't used to him like this. 

Complimenting me.

Complimenting me because I was his girlfriend.

Complimenting me because I was his and he was mine.

We were together.

And sometimes I'd forget that.

I'd wake up in his arms and forget, just for a second, that he was mine. And I'd make a wish, even for a second, saying damn, I have the biggest crush on him. And then, I'd remember that we were dating. That we were living together. That I was having a kid. That we were having our kid.