Chapter 42

Buzz, Buzzz, BUZZZZ.

I snuggled closer into the warm body next to me, and his arm tightened around my waist, burying his forehead into me. 

Buzz, Buzzz, BUZZZZZZ.

My eyes slowly opened, looking at Rex's hair, tickling my neck, his tattoos wrapping  around his arms, and I found myself wanting to trace them. 

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz.

What the hell?

I turned a little, and was able to see my phone moving on the table. 

It was six o'clock in the fucking morning.

Jonah.

I was gonna murder him for ruining the morning after shit for me.

I clicked the answer button, "You better have a really fucking good reason for calling me," I whispered though Rex was fast asleep.

"Yup, uhhuh, I know, I know you're at Rex's doing whatever the fuck you're doing, but it's an emergency," Jonah's voice came over the phone high, shaky and desperate.

He was talking quickly, like the time he had called me about Andrew, so I needed to tread carefully.

"Okay, yeah, uh, whats up?"

"I need your help. I uh, I snuck out last night, and I did something, really stupid, and it wasn't supposed to happen, and-"

"Woah, Jonah, slow down," I tried to say without raising my voice.

"It's just, it wasn't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to get caught."

I sat up, or as best I could with Rex's death grip on my waist.

I ran a hand through my hair, "Jonah, what did you do?"

He whimpered.

My brother whimpered. 

"I broke into a uh, a car dealer."

"You did what?" I whisper-yelled. 

"Carmen, I know that."

"How bad?"

"What?"

"How fucking bad, Jonah? You know what I'm talking about."

It was the same question I asked over the phone las time.

"I, uh, I shattered one of the window  to get in and stole a car, a nice one."

"What car?" I asked fascinated for a second.

"Mazarrati."

Nic-

I snapped out of it.

"The FUCK?"

"I I took the keys and I resisted arrest when the cops tracked me down, and I'm in a side street but I keep seeing cops go by and I don't know how long before they find me."

Something clicked in my mind.

Family before everything else.

I didn't have anyone else other than Jonah.

He was my only relative. 

And however much we wanted to deny it, being twins wasn't something to ignore. 

I already knew what I was going to do before I came up with the plan.

I wormed my way out of Rex's grasp, and when he let out a little whine, I swipped the pillow I had my head on just a few seconds ago and placed it where I used to be.