Chapter 8

The rest of the day was still spent skipping classes. Avoiding everyone and everything, and most importantly remembering to stay pissed off at Eliza for bringing up Jonah. Not like I still cared, it just reminded me of something that I didn't want to think about.

Also, getting pissed off at Eliza for figuring out one of my main flaws: I care about other people getting screwed up. 

Yeah, I know it's weird and kind of hypocritical, but at least I know that there's no going back for me. At least other people have a good life ahead of them. I just don't want them to screw their lives up too. Think of it this way, fewer people in juvie, more room, and a better bed.

When the final bell rang at three, I got off my place on the wall and walked outside. I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't want everyone to know that. Especially because everyone was looking at me. Not just glancing, just staring.

Once again I checked if I had grown two more heads, or arms, or legs, or something. Nope still had a normal amount of appendages.

I stood off to the side before I saw a familiar Honda Odyssey pull up. I started walking towards the other side and opened the door.

"Don't we have to go to a meeting with the principal to discuss my expulsion?" I said, turning to Eliza.

"What?"

"Oh, you didn't see my display of artistic talent painted on the doors of the school?" I motioned towards the painted doors that would open every time a straggling student would walk out.

Eliza rolled her eyes fakely, "Oh, that. I had a feeling that you had something to do with it."

I smirked, "I take full responsibility. So, aren't we supposed to go back in?"

"I may have gotten you out of that." 

I sat back in the car seat as we pulled out of the parking lot, "Good because I didn't want to listen to an old guy going on about how defacing public property goes on my transcript and that colleges won't accept me, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera."

"For never going to school, you sure know what a principal would lecture you about."

I scoffed, "I hear things from other inmates in Juvie. I do socialize you know."

Eliza looked over at me, "Really? I could have sworn that you never talked to anyone based upon your attitude."

"Ms. Sunshine, I only socialize with people I want to socialize with. Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, you and everyone in that hell hole I just came out of, are not people I want to socialize with."

Eliza turned her attention back towards the steering wheel as we pulled into a cookie-cutter development.

"I figured, Carmen."

She pulled into another two-storied house. But this one had pots outside, and plants of various colors. Even had a hand-painted pot outside of it that looked like it was done by a kid. 

Well, I mean, it was no Picasso, but if we're really going to be optimistic, that kid could be whatever they wanted. 

Even a princess, which is pretty much impossible unless you actually are part of some royal family.

Sorry to every little kid that wanted to be a princess. 

That's why we have Halloween.

"Uh, so this is the place?"

Eliza nodded, "Yup. Hope you don't mind, I packed the clothes from Juvie and some other stuff in a duffle bag in the back seat."

I shrugged, "I don't care." I said as I grabbed the duffle bag from the back, swinging it forward into the front seat.