Chapter 2

I was in line for food when it hit me, I would be leaving this place. Honestly. I wasn't happy. I mean sure there was no end of assholes and dicks here but this was where I had spent most of my life. I had carved my name on the first bench I had sat on here. I threw my first punch here. I then got beat up for the first time. Then learned how to fight. Learned some important vocabulary that the English language is so kind to supply. The vocab known as curse words. I had made a lot of memories here. I also made a lot of enemies.

I sat down at an empty table. I honestly didn't think I wanted to leave. Outside here was a horrible mess called life. I had already ruined mine. I was 16 and I had been in Juvie most of my life. My parents had gotten tired of visiting and just left me altogether, so I didn't have a place to go. I had gotten messed up with vandalism, stealing large amounts of money, stealing in general, defacing public property, trespassing, breaking and entering, driving without a license, driving a stolen car/ grand theft auto, fake ID, the list goes on and on.

Basically, there was no way back. So I was screwed. It's not like I cared. I just learn to face facts pretty easily.

I finished up and left my plate, I didn't give a shit if I should have put it away or bothered to clean it up. I was on my way to my 'room' if you could call it that when someone pushed me against a wall.

"Hey, Carmen."

I looked into the grey eyes of Rex. Top dog around here. Yeah, it's kind of cliche that juvie had someone running the show but that was how it was. But he wasn't the only top dog around here. No, that other spot we reserved for me.

We had gotten into Juvie at the same time. Me for stealing a woman's wallet and him for grand theft auto. I was eight he was ten. I had gotten caught stealing before but I was often let go because of my age. I started stealing when I was six. 

Some older guy was picking on me in here and Rex had stood up for me. And that sparked a beautiful friendship and we all lived happily ever after. The end.

Yeah no. But he taught me how to fight and helped me get the title of top dog. I had his back he had mine. That's how it worked. We were cool like that.

"What do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

His hand snaked around my waist and I scoffed. I brought my foot up and kicked him in the chest. Sending him skidding.

"You're lucky I know you're joking."

"Oh come on. You know you love me." He smirked. Yeah right.

"In your dreams, Rex. Go find someone else to bother."

"But I want to bother you," He pouted. I shook my head.

"The one thing that I'm not going to miss about this place."

Rex looked at me. "One, ouch, I'm offended, and two, you're getting released?"

"Yeah. But don't get used to it. I'll end up back here sooner or later."

"What are you gonna do?"

We started walking together around the huge rec area that we were allowed to walk around.

"I don't know but it's gonna be big."

"Graffiti?"

I cocked my head in thought, "Maybe. I've done that before. I was thinking of stealing something big."

"Like a heart?"

I laughed. Leave it to Rex.

"Nope, but I'll keep that at the back of my mind."