33. Boring Assumptions

A/N : To avoid confusion, the first part will be of Zameer's POV summarizing the last chapter.

~*~

~ The words you speak become the house you live in.

Zameer

After a few minutes of chasing the retreating figure, we ran to a dead end. It was then we heard a girly screech and another voice, who obviously had to be Zehra, "Don't shout dumbo!"

Finally! I thought. We tiptoed and saw the girls, but only the three of them.

One of them screamed as she saw us, the other took out her shoe ready to hit, and Zehra positioned herself ready for a fight. We just stared at them with a shocked expression.

I saw Aahil taking out his phone, probably calling Ammar, saying, "Hey, three psychos are right in front of us. Please come fast with the vehicle. Bye."

It was then Zehra ran towards me saying, "Zameer! It's you!" I froze as she hugged me tightly. Uh... what am I supposed to do? Idiot Zameer, hug her back! I nervously looked around, and slowly patted her head.

Aahil began walking to one of them, with a cheeky grin, while she frowned, stucking out her tongue at him.

The girl who was crying, spoke saying, "Amyrah isn't here!"

We all exchanged glances. "How come!? Where'd she go?" Shehzad asked.

I looked at Zehra with a frown. "You all should have stayed together!" And she panicked saying about how Rumaan had pushed her and she'd fallen injuring her knee. How dare he!

"...then she went near the lake to wash her wound. It was bleeding so much! Then running back to us she said us to hide. It was then we all got separated. Maybe due to her wound she couldn't walk much! Oh no! I should have walked slowly," Zehra said it all in a go.

"If something happens to her..." the crying girl said hiccupping. "Then... then..."

Shehzad looked at her pitingly and gave her some water, murmuring something softly calming her down, while she just nodded, still crying.

The other girl, uh... Hurara or something, looked at us saying, "What if she's stuck somewhere? What if she gets kidnapped? What if..."

She continued her what if's making the five of us even more panicked. Where can she be!?

It was then Ammar and his family came running towards us, with Shabnam aunty crying saying, "My Amyrah!" After a quick analyzation, we all ran towards the other side of the river hoping to find her.

After searching for a few minutes, Aahil pointed out saying either we should split up or instead of walking go in the car. When did he get brainy?

It was then I heard a sound. Turning back I saw something slightly moving. While the others moved inside the car, I walked back toward the other side of the lake quietly.

Sitting behind a tree was none other than her. Her face in a frown, she was sitting with her face pressed to her knees. I heard a sniff. Woah!

Oh Lord! Is she crying!? What am I supposed to do now!? I panicked, but noticed that she was angrily huffing and murmuring something. With a shrug I walked towards her, only to be heard with a, "Get lost. I hate you."