04. Sweet memories

~Her courage was her crown and she wore it like a queen.

Amyrah

I ran and ran, screaming to not let go, but the man just left me. His image getting smaller and smaller till I could no longer see him. Don't leave me! Come back! I continued to run and then I tripped, falling and falling...

"Aaaaaah! Help! Help!!"

I opened my eyes. What!? A dream! I quickly sat on the bed. It didn't help my racing heart. I took deep a breath and calmed myself. I quickly splashed water on my face and performed ablution.

I opened the window and stared at the sky which was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun.

An orange haze casted over the moving sea, reflecting off every wave. Half of a glowing, radiating light loomed over the water's horizon. A warm sensation was splashed into my face from the beaming rays of the sun. A calmness flew by with the wind, making my heart stop for a single second.

"Amyrah! Come here for a sec.." I heard Ammar calling me.

It is then I realized that I've been crying. I quickly wiped my tears and shouted back, "I am coming!!"

'Geez...such a cry baby...brave girl's don't cry!' I scolded myself.

I walked to my brother's room. I opened the door and went inside not caring to ask for permission.

"Ever heard of knocking?" He glared at me.

I stuck my tongue out childishly not bothering to reply and sat on the bed cross legged.

He glared at me. Again.

I simply rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, listen Myra I gotta say somethin' that's why I called ya," he said grinning. Mood swings.

I scrunched my nose, "Ew..well what is it?" I seriously didn't feel like speaking right now, but seemed like I had no choice.

"Actually.. this... um.. I.. I mean.. you know.. uh.. "

"Whaattt? Are you sick?"

"No..I.. am twenty-five now.. u know.."

"Oh my! I forgot about your birthday.. were you awaiting for a present?"

"Huh! what? No, no.. "

"Then wha-?"

"I am going to get married.."

"Wait..What? Who? When? How?!"

"What a pain!"

"Who. are. you. going. to. marry?" I asked emphasizing each word.

"A girl."

"Name?"

"Rayzah..Rayzah Asad," he whispered dreamily.

"Gross.. age?"

"Twenty-one."

"How does she look like? How on earth did you find her? When are you'll getting married? Does she have any siblings? Is she religious, educated or.."

"That's all I wanted to say, you can get out now."

"Seriously? I am gonna get a sis-in-law! And you are acting like it's no big deal!"

"Yup no big deal. So shut up and leave, or you can ask her yourself!" He dragged me out of his room and shut the door on my face.

"Wait! Give me her number.."