37. Confessions

~ Just because that person didn't react, dosen't mean they didn't notice.

Amyrah

Rolling on my bed, my thoughts were clogged with aunt's words. With a sigh, I climbed out of bed. Looking at the time I found out that it was 2 pm. How come I was in bed for so long!?

I convinced myself that the clock had the wrong time. After a quick shower, I ran downstairs with my hair dripping wet.

As I was about to yell a greeting, I stopped in my tracks, my eyes finding a new visitor.

Mrs. Malik.

"Amyrah..." she whispered looking above at me. I descended down the stairs, a slow smile escaping my lips.

"Azreena aunty."

"Darling."

She came forward with her arms wide, her eyes watering. Going toward her I hugged her, not knowing what else to do.

"I am sorry," she whispered.

For? "It's okay."

"I love you, darling. After all these years... I finally found you. You've grown. Just like your mom and dad," saying that she kissed my cheeks and ruffled my hair.

Happy wasn't even a word I was feeling, I was elated. I grinned like a fool. I hugged her again, taking her by surprise. After all these years, there was someone to hold me. Love me. Just like a mother. "I love you too aunty," I whispered in my heart. I didn't even know her. Yet, I feel attached. Maybe it was a feeling I haven't faced. Or maybe I am over reacting.

Was this a motherly hug I never had?

It was then I realized that Mr. Malik was standing there too. I gave him greetings and a sweet smile. He nodded patting my head. "Don't hesitate to tell us if you ever need anything," he said.

I just nodded at him smiling. With one thought, I wish papa was there. A fatherly affection. How I wished I could earn it, but sometimes no matter how much we wish, some things aren't just meant to be ours.

My eyes clouded, but I kept on a straight face. All the while I could feel someone's eyes on me. Aunt. She stared at me without any emotion. I looked away. After her confession, I felt awkward, but at the same time I felt a bubble of happiness enveloping me. For her to do such things for me, meant alot.

Or maybe I was over reacting yet again?

Just before they leave, Mr Malik handed over to me a few papers, whispering, "Your father had left some letters for you." I looked at them with confusion. Then taking a double look, I gazed at the papers with love and clutched them safely in my hand.

Then Azreena aunty turned toward me and said lovingly, "I have to go now. I will come back another time. Here my number, you can call me anytime."

I nodded thanking her. With a nod at aunt, the two of them left, but not before turning back to me and saying, "If you wish, you can come live with me... just for a few days..."

I stared at her, wondering if I heard right. She then said, "Take your time and let me know." With a hug she left.

Live with her? Though she's my family, I just met her so how could I even think of living, least of all staying at their house? My brows furrowed with puzzlement and hesitation.